Supplier Quality Assurance Procedures & QS 9000

K

Kenen

Hi folks
I am new to this group and look forward to being part of it. I am new at a company ( two months) and have been given the difficult task of writing procedures to cover Supplier Quality Assurance activities, PAPP and a system to measure A ranks (show stopper defects) and to be honest I do not have a clue. Therefore I am asking you folks for any samples or procedures you can provide for me.
On another subject my Registrar's take on the 3rd edition sanctioned interpretations is that all subcontractors have to be certified to ISO 9001 by the end of 2003. What do you folks say ??? Thanks in advance for your responses.

------------------

A

Al Dyer

Welcome,

Not to be flippant (sp) but I would dump the quest for QS-9000 and go for TS-16949.

ASD...

J

JRKH

Al,
Not everyone has the option on TS. Our customer insists that we go QS.

Kenen,
Welcome aboard. For your procedures, have you checked the Free Files Directory on this board? I would wager there is something there that would help.

James

------------------
Low tech is better than no tech.

T

tomvehoski

Originally posted by Kenen:

On another subject my Registrar's take on the 3rd edition sanctioned interpretations is that all subcontractors have to be certified to ISO 9001 by the end of 2003. What do you folks say ??? Thanks in advance for your responses.

Who is your registrar? NSF has said the same, plus you have to have a plan to get them into compliance NOW, or else it is a minor NC. I'm trying to find the opinions from other registrars. There are a couple threads about this very subject over in the QS-9000 forum.

Tom

A

Al Dyer

Originally posted by JRKH:
Al,
Not everyone has the option on TS. Our customer insists that we go QS.

Appreciate the response, the only companies I know of that require QS are automotive, who is you customer?

ASD...

N

Neil

Kenen,

The IASG sanctioned interpretation requires ISO9000 certification within 18 months of July 01, 2001. That is the end of 2002 not 2003. To steal a Monty Python phrase, "NO Time to Lose". As for registrar interpretation, try this criteria. ISO9000 for all key vendors plus full development to QS9000 principles for those vendors that control or directly impact on critical characteristics. In some ways this simplifies life because now it avoids some of the ongoing development work to QS9000 principles with those vendors that do not intend to get registered to QS9000. Plus it gives me a criteria and some clout to get rid of some problematic vendors that do not have ISO9000.

T

tomvehoski

When did Monty Python use "NO time to lose"? I thought I had all of their stuff memorized but can't seem to recall this one.

A

Al Dyer

Just from a grizzled quality guy,

You do what you do to satisfy customer requirements, more power to you and good luck.

ASD...

J

JRKH

Originally posted by Al Dyer:
Appreciate the response, the only companies I know of that require QS are automotive, who is you customer?

ASD...

Al,
Customer is a large US based Off raod equipment manufacturer. I approached them about Using ISO-2000 as an interem toward gaining TS-16949. My thinking is that ISO-2000 satisfies the vendor requirement in QS, and that TS is going to be closer to ISO-2k than to QS.

Their take was that they know that QS meets their requirements, and they don't yet know whether TS will. Therefore the requirement stands to be registered to QS.

James

------------------
Low tech is better than no tech.

Top Bottom