Supplier Quality Assurance Procedures & QS 9000

K

Kenen

Hi folks
I am new to this group and look forward to being part of it. I am new at a company ( two months) and have been given the difficult task of writing procedures to cover Supplier Quality Assurance activities, PAPP and a system to measure A ranks (show stopper defects) and to be honest I do not have a clue. Therefore I am asking you folks for any samples or procedures you can provide for me.
On another subject my Registrar's take on the 3rd edition sanctioned interpretations is that all subcontractors have to be certified to ISO 9001 by the end of 2003. What do you folks say ??? Thanks in advance for your responses.

------------------

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
A

Al Dyer

Welcome,

Not to be flippant (sp) but I would dump the quest for QS-9000 and go for TS-16949.

ASD...

J
Al,
Not everyone has the option on TS. Our customer insists that we go QS.

Kenen,
Welcome aboard. For your procedures, have you checked the Free Files Directory on this board? I would wager there is something there that would help.

James

------------------
Low tech is better than no tech.

T

tomvehoski

Originally posted by Kenen:

On another subject my Registrar's take on the 3rd edition sanctioned interpretations is that all subcontractors have to be certified to ISO 9001 by the end of 2003. What do you folks say ??? Thanks in advance for your responses.

Who is your registrar? NSF has said the same, plus you have to have a plan to get them into compliance NOW, or else it is a minor NC. I'm trying to find the opinions from other registrars. There are a couple threads about this very subject over in the QS-9000 forum.

Tom

A

Al Dyer

Originally posted by JRKH:
Al,
Not everyone has the option on TS. Our customer insists that we go QS.
Appreciate the response, the only companies I know of that require QS are automotive, who is you customer?

ASD...

N
Kenen,

The IASG sanctioned interpretation requires ISO9000 certification within 18 months of July 01, 2001. That is the end of 2002 not 2003. To steal a Monty Python phrase, "NO Time to Lose". As for registrar interpretation, try this criteria. ISO9000 for all key vendors plus full development to QS9000 principles for those vendors that control or directly impact on critical characteristics. In some ways this simplifies life because now it avoids some of the ongoing development work to QS9000 principles with those vendors that do not intend to get registered to QS9000. Plus it gives me a criteria and some clout to get rid of some problematic vendors that do not have ISO9000.

T

tomvehoski

When did Monty Python use "NO time to lose"? I thought I had all of their stuff memorized but can't seem to recall this one.

A

Al Dyer

Just from a grizzled quality guy,

You do what you do to satisfy customer requirements, more power to you and good luck.

ASD...

J
Originally posted by Al Dyer:
Appreciate the response, the only companies I know of that require QS are automotive, who is you customer?

ASD...

Al,
Customer is a large US based Off raod equipment manufacturer. I approached them about Using ISO-2000 as an interem toward gaining TS-16949. My thinking is that ISO-2000 satisfies the vendor requirement in QS, and that TS is going to be closer to ISO-2k than to QS.

Their take was that they know that QS meets their requirements, and they don't yet know whether TS will. Therefore the requirement stands to be registered to QS.

James

------------------
Low tech is better than no tech.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P What is the last revision of Toyota SQAM (Supplier Quality Assurance Manual)? Customer and Company Specific Requirements 3
optomist1 Definition Supplier Quality Assurance vs. Supplier Development vs. Field Quality Engineering Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 1
T Integration of Supplier Quality Assurance within Plant Engineering Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 5
J New Honda SQAM (Supplier Quality Assurance Manual) November 2010 Customer and Company Specific Requirements 10
Stijloor Toyota Supplier Quality Assurance Manual (SQAM) is revised - April 2010 Customer and Company Specific Requirements 4
B Outlining a Supplier Quality Assurance Process Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 1
A From Supplier Quality Assurance to Software Quality Assurance Software Quality Assurance 5
S Takata Supplier Quality Assurance Manual Customer and Company Specific Requirements 3
A What are the benefits of SQA (Supplier Quality Assurance)? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 11
A How Lucrative is Supplier Quality Assurance Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
N Details of Nissan (Renault-Nissan aliance) Supplier Quality Assurance expectations Customer and Company Specific Requirements 11
I Developing a ISO/FDA Compliant Supplier Quality Assurance System - Medical Device Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 10
T ISO 9001 audit - Incoming Quality Assurance and Supplier Quality Assurance Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
K TS 16949 PPAP - What it means: SQAM Forms? Supplier Quality Assurance Manual? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
G Supplier Quality Assurance Roles and Responsibilities Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 8
V Background of people in SQA (Supplier Quality Assurance) Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 5
T Ideas for developing a Supplier Quality Management System, non automotive ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
A Supplier Quality Standard vs Senior Management Direction Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 2
Ajit Basrur Quality Agreement with supplier covering medical devices and consumer requirements ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
Jen Kirley Moving on - I accepted an offer to be a Supplier Quality Engineer at GE Healthcare Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 42
Tagin Measuring supplier quality with small quantities Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 10
A Critical Supplier/Quality Agreement Procedure ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
S Supplier Control - Supplier quality management certificates (ISO, etc) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
J Support and guidance with supplier quality management system Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 1
GStough Have You Had to Write a NC Against a Quality Manual in a Supplier Audit? General Auditing Discussions 12
J IATF 16949 Cl. 8.4.2.3 - Supplier Quality Management System Development IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 59
P ASQ Certified Supplier Quality Professional is the certification worth it? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 1
T ISO 13485:2016 Clause 7.4.2 regarding Supplier Quality Agreements ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
L Supplier Approval Process – Should the Quality Department be Excluded? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 7
S SQM (Supplier Quality Management) - Centralized or divided per Business Group Benchmarking 0
I Difference between ASQR (Aerospace Supplier Quality Requirements) and AS9100 AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 20
K NPI (New Product Introduction) Quality Plan Outsourced Manufacturer/Supplier APQP and PPAP 3
B Measuring Supplier Quality Performance Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 10
R Can our Supplier's Quality Mgr. conduct Supplier Audit on behalf of manufacturer? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
S Supplier Quality with Prototyping Parts with no Part Number or Drawings ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
S Can you help me on manpower planning for Supplier Quality Engineers ? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 4
V Quality Roadmap from Voice of the Customer way down to Supplier Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 4
G Supplier Quality Questionnaire - Asking who our customers are Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 10
D What's the future of supplier quality engineer for your worklife? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
V Supplier Service Level Agreements (Supplier Quality Development) APQP and PPAP 2
F Supplier Quality Engineer Beginner - Potential Interview Questions Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
O Vendor (Supplier) Responsibility - Re: Quality Audits 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
L Does someone has experience with a Supplier "Quality Watch" Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
T World Class Supplier Quality Alert System CAR/SCAR By Email Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
J Quality Manager's role in Customer and Supplier Complaints Customer Complaints 10
J Implementing a Supplier Quality Portal Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 2
T Senior SQE (Supplier Quality Engineer) Specific Roles and Responsibilities Career and Occupation Discussions 5
S SQE (Supplier Quality Engineer) Job Interview Questions Benchmarking 4
D Aftermarket Supplier Quality Requirements IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
T Recommended Books for SQE (Supplier Quality Engineering) Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 20