Supplier quality manual vs. Customer specific requirements

kdavis

Starting to get Involved
Thanks so much for the feedback. He's stating that since the quality manual is readily available on the customers website, there's no need to control the supplier manual in our QMS system. My question to him was, how would we show that the document has been reviewed if were reviewing and that's it.

kdavis

Starting to get Involved
Were supposed to evalte annualy and we cant show that's its been evauated if its captureded anywhere in our system.

Matt Swartwood

Starting to get Involved
Hello. Absolutely can be audited for IATF. We currently perform a gap analysis against all customer specific requirements and document any gaps and action plans to bridge the gaps.

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
Thanks so much for the feedback. He's stating that since the quality manual is readily available on the customers website, there's no need to control the supplier manual in our QMS system. My question to him was, how would we show that the document has been reviewed if were reviewing and that's it.
I think he’s right. Back in the old days we would receive hard copies of manuals and would need to log and control them. Today, those manuals are part of a customer’s web portal — latest version is there. And yes you still have to review the manual and update your system. You can record such reviews with a log.

Doug J

Registered
I'm going to hop in here and say that for IATF it is murky. The IATF standard has two separate definitions for two separate terms - Customer Specific Requirements and Customer Requirements. CSRs are the documents that are on the IATF website. A Supplier Quality Manual that a customer provides to you is a customer requirement. Unless that SQM is also on the IATF website it is not a customer-specific requirement.

This is an argument I have every time we get a new auditor and, admittedly, I usually lose the argument.

kdavis

Starting to get Involved
I'm going to hop in here and say that for IATF it is murky. The IATF standard has two separate definitions for two separate terms - Customer Specific Requirements and Customer Requirements. CSRs are the documents that are on the IATF website. A Supplier Quality Manual that a customer provides to you is a customer requirement. Unless that SQM is also on the IATF website it is not a customer-specific requirement.

This is an argument I have every time we get a new auditor and, admittedly, I usually lose the argument.
I currently have a matrix that captures all of our Supplier Quality Manuals. When a new project is being launched, the SQM is to be reviewed and agreed upon. Once this has taken place, isn't it the customer responsibility to notify you of any changes to their SQM? Are we required to review their SQM annually?

Top Bottom