The certification requirement for Tier II suppliers is ISO 9001:2000

I

Internet-101

Where I can get information about If it's necessary from Supplier Tier 2 to be certified in TS 16949 or just to be certified in ISO 9001:2000 is enough to start to send product to Suppliers Tier 1, GM, Chrysler & FORD or any Automotive Industry?

This is because I had been seeing a lot of comments about it and I just need to know.

Thanks in advance for you help.

Smile is good for your health!

:bigwave: :bigwave:

R

Randy Stewart

C9 Sanctioned Interpretations

The real discussion happened in the Sanction Interpretations.
See if this will explain.

Attachments

• informational update.doc
    44.5 KB · Views: 270
S

Sam

The certification requirement for tier II suppliers is ISO9000-2000.
If you supply to DCX, Ford, GM you will be required to certify to TS2, unless you can obtain a waiver.

I

Internet-101

Suppliers Tier 2

Well All is clear about this but

Element 4.6.2.1 says

"Goal of subcontractor compliance" requires subcontractors to achieve compliance within a defined period of time not to exceed 18 months from the effective date of this sanctioned interpretation. Minimum subcontractor compliance shall be certification by an accredited certification body to a current version of the ISO 9000 Quality Management Series of Standards, excluding ISO 9003: plus any requirements specified by the customer. Assessment by an OEM or an OEM-approved second party will be recognized as meeting subcontractor compliance requirements to 4.6.2.1.

18 months since this date (07/01/01) was (1/01/03)
Is there any new reference to say this is not able after this date (1/01/03) or this Sanctioned Intrepretation is valid yet?

Thanks,

Smile is good for your health!

:bigwave: :bigwave:

S

Sam

The qs9000 sanctioned interpretations make for interesting reading but they do not have anything to do with TS2.
Supplier/subcontractor certification requirements are stated in TS2 under para. 7.4.1.2.
If you are a supplier to a tier I then you must be ISO9000-2000 certified. You must also have goals & targets to achieve "conformity" to TS2.

Top Bottom