The Gap Analysis is complete - From which clause do I begin?

N

n_easy

Dear All,

Now the gap analysis is complete, from which clause do I begin as I presume a quality policy would be one of the last docs created, eventhough it is at the start of the standard?

Is there any guides or templates that can guide me on which clauses to tackle first?

Or even better, your advice?

Best wishes.

Naj :bigwave:

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Re: Where to start?

What you need to do depends in large measure on the results of your gap analysis. I don't know why you would think that the quality policy should be left until the end; everything you're doing with regard to documenting your processes is being done to support the policy.

I think that generally people start with the Big 6--The Six Documented Procedures Required By ISO 9001:2008--and move on from there, but again, it depends on what's already done.

Reactions: db

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource

Start where you'll see the most return for your investment. I would certainly look at gaps in my core processes first. Good luck.

Big Jim

Admin

Only a suggestion. A logical approach is the following:

Scope Statement

Quality Policy

Quality Objectives

Organization chart

Determine/Identify Processes

Develop Interaction of Processes

Quality Manaul (except written procedures)

Written Procedures

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Have you by any chance read through Implementing a Quality Management System? It's an old presentation, but for all intents and purposes nothing has changed.

The bottom line is from here you set up a project plan of what has to be accomplished and then prioritize each item. When I did implementations I used Microsoft Project.

M

mortby

I would consider putting document control early on the list as it then gives a mechanism for issuing all the other documents that will be created / updated.

Depending on where you intend to put it in your system (I've seen some in quality manuals, others in doc control procedures), it is also worth thinking about the structure and strategy of your system - for example, what types of documents will you produce and how will they interact with each other? What are the levels of documents and what are the rules for where information belongs?
That will then give you a basis for what to work on first.

As with all change management - how will you prove to yourself (and your management) that what you have changed has worked? Set out your strategy, rules, project plan, identify who you're going to need buy in / resource from and map out what success / completion looks like.

:2cents:

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
Dear All,

Now the gap analysis is complete, from which clause do I begin as I presume a quality policy would be one of the last docs created, eventhough it is at the start of the standard?

Is there any guides or templates that can guide me on which clauses to tackle first?

Best wishes.

My advice is to proceed in parallel, starting different task with assigned owners and time frames to complere.
You could follow the classical approach of project management assigning the project mgr for this.
You shall monitor the progress of the project each two week and take actions in case of some task in late or difficulties.
All depends upon the date for when you apply for the certification.:bigwave:

I

Intesar

Dear All,

Best wishes.

Hi,

this are the main 3 steps to start with:

1- appoint the ISO 9001 Management Representative.
2- develop policy, quality objectives and write the main 6 QA procedures
3- form a documentation team from different departments and provide training for them.

hope this help

Intesar

Top Bottom