Is there an estimated date of release of API Q1 10th edition?

jmech

Trusted Information Resource
API Q1 10th Edition has gone to ballot again with a closing date of September 13, 2021 (see attached ballot draft).

All interested parties are welcome to submit comments using the below link. I recommend using the comment template available from the link below. You can leave the login field blank as a non-voting commenter (your comments are still considered even if you are a non-voter).

title to match h1

Attachments

• Q1_e10-20210802-CLEAN.pdf
    391.2 KB · Views: 130

lanley liao

Lingli Liao
Hi, Jmech, Thanks for sharing with us. Would you have the API Spec Q2 ballot draft? if you have, sent it to me, please. Thank you so much!

jmech

The API Q1 10th Edition draft passed the ballot but had 5 negative votes (see link below), so comment resolution will likely be quite contentious.

The chances of your comment being accepted are significantly better if you attend the comment resolution. Weekly comment resolution meetings are scheduled to start on Monday, Sept. 20 and are held virtually on Microsoft Teams. If you don't yet have the meeting information but want to attend, relevant API staff contact information is shown at the link below.

SC18

jmech

Any updates on 5 negative votes? Does it resolved?
No, it is still a long way off. The comment resolution process will likely take until December, give or take a month. After that, another ballot (open for 4 - 6 weeks) will likely be required, and then probably more comment resolution. I would be surprised if it is ready for publication before March 2022 and I think it could easily be later.

lanley liao

Lingli Liao
I agree with Jmech. Thanks for your sharing with us and i think that the publication of API Spec 10th will need a little time in the future.

jmech

Comment resolution is proceeding slowly with some significant topics remaining. Comment resolution will likely take until at least February 2022 and possibly longer. After that, another ballot (open for 4 - 6 weeks) will likely be required, and then probably more comment resolution. I would be surprised if it is ready for publication before June 2022 and I think it could easily be later.

Top Bottom