Thoughts on having Safety Shower in ISO Class 7 Cleanroom

W

WisdomseekerSC

Any rules against sinks, eyewash station or safety showers being located in a cleanroom (specifically ISO Class 7 = Class 10,000)?

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Trusted Information Resource
To the best of my knowledge, there are no "rules against" things in clean rooms.

There may be rules against things for other reasons, but not simply because it is in a clean room. These other "rules against" come from preferences of personnel or customer requirements.

The only real "must have" in a clean room is 'particulate-free' air as measured.

How you get the "particulate free" air, be it gowning, allowable actions, processes enclosed, etc. are basically unlimited as long as the particulate level in the air is measured and within an acceptable threshold.

By way of "is it a good idea?"...I think at the time the safety shower actually gets used, the clean room air particulate level may not be the foremost concern.
If a safety shower were warranted in the area, I would not let the clean room requirements stand in the way. Class 10,000 is a fairly loose cleanroom level to begin with...protect your people.:2cents:

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin
Any rules against sinks, eyewash station or safety showers being located in a cleanroom (specifically ISO Class 7 = Class 10,000)?

Is it required ? I would not have it just for the sake of the Safety ... evaluate your operations.

Could you tell the nature of the manufactring operations ?

W

WisdomseekerSC

Proprietary process not commercialized yet...chemicals are involved in the process (i.e.) ammonium hydroxide and others. There is a fume hood in the room too.

M

MIREGMGR

Safety First.

And I agree that there are no such rules.

It might be that after use of the safety shower, a stabilization period will be required before the room is back in spec. Your room qualification process can conservatively address that specific point for each of your items of safety equipment.

Top Bottom