VDA AIAG FMEA - Slides for Quality Audience

Hello Cove - Looking for some slides/content that explains VDA AIAG FMEA approach vs. existing 4th edition AIAG. In hopes of not re-creating content that others have done before, I wanted to ask if anyone has found anything helpful in that regard. Something like "Cliff's Notes". We have CSRs from 3 customers, and none have "YET" required the new VDA AIAG approach, but our internal IATF quality subject-matter expert focus group (mix of technical management and other quality managers/engineers) wants to understand more about it and how it is different from 4th ed. If I don't need to start from scratch that would help. Need to give a 20-30 min talk on the subject.

Thanks!
Pizzaiolo2

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

vailmij

Starting to get Involved
AIAG/VDA’s FMEA Manual Is a Major Advance | Quality Digest discusses the approach, and I have a 90 minute slide show on this (PFMEA only).
Hi Bill, excellent article. Thank you for sharing. I too would be interested in seeing your slide show on the new AIAG & VDA FMEA guidelines. We are a tier 2 automotive component supplier and happen to be working to revamp our PFMEA system at the moment.

We are starting to create "generic" FMEAs which we hope will be more effective in storing historical failure modes. (see Carlson, Carl S. Effective FMEAs: Achieving Safe, Reliable, and Economical Products and Processes Using Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, 2012, p. 272)

We figure this may be the right time for us to make the switch to the new guidelines.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Which OEM or customers are now requiring the new AIAG/VDA FMEA format? FMEA and Control Plans 0
C AIAG/VDA FMEA - Is the new better? FMEA and Control Plans 0
B AIAG/VDA’s FMEA Manual Is a Major Advance (my take on this subject) FMEA and Control Plans 2
B AIAG-VDA FMEA - When the new format will be required FMEA and Control Plans 5
C FMEA Process assessment In the Draft for the AIAG/VDA FMEA Manual is gone FMEA and Control Plans 0
K AIAG/VDA FMEA & Process Control Plans FMEA and Control Plans 0
D FMEA-MSR in the AIAG-VDA Aligned Handbook - What is it? FMEA and Control Plans 4
bobdoering AIAG VDA FMEA Handbook - 2019 - something familiar about this.... FMEA and Control Plans 37
R Information on the roll out of the new harmonized DRAFT FMEA AIAG/VDA manual IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
I What is the difference between FMEA Fourth edition (AIAG) and VDA 4.2? VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 7
S VDA vs. AIAG - FMEA Ranking FMEA and Control Plans 4
M How to complete structure Analysis and Function analysis sections' columns of AIAG-VDA DFMEA form FMEA and Control Plans 0
xfngrs What are the VDA equivalents to AIAG manuals? VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 1
L AIAG B-10 Labeling Standard vs. VDA 4902 ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 2
M VDA, AIAG & ISO TS 16949 Standards Differences VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 1
J Control Plans - VDA equivalent of AIAG APQP & Control Plan Manual VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 2
Marc Honda and ISO / TS 16949 - AIAG, ANFIA, FIEV, JAMA, SMMT and VDA VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 13
B EMPB (Erstmusterprufbericht) VDA form confusion + PSW VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 2
Richard Regalado Automotive News TISAX - VDA ISA (information security assessment) VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 2
M Any way to execute VDA 6.3 audit remotely? VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 2
S How to understand VDA 6.3 2016 P4.1 VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 4
M Is there any pre-defined Control plan format/template acc. VDA? VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 0
Q VDA 6.3 questions vs IATF 16949 clauses VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 0
B VDA 6.3 Qualification as Process Auditor training course and exam VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 0
M MANUAL FMEA VDA VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 1
S Yellow print VDA 4 VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 0
D Where (in US) can I get the VDA Auditor Edition book? VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 3
J Customer VDA Audit - We must provide refresher training? VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 4
J Supplier choice limitation - Many of them dont have PSCR, VDA or even ISO 9001 VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 0
L VDA 1 Documented Information and Retention (new revision 4, August 2018) VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 0
S New to the automotive business and VDA VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 5
Q VDA 6.3 Process Auditor Card VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 1
Q GAP Analysis between IATF 16949 and VDA 6.3 wanted VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 3
C VDA Vol.4 - Evaluation of an FMEA FMEA and Control Plans 0
D VDA 6.4 Audit checklist - Production tool suppliers VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 1
J VDA audit, control plan - My hair is almost gone now VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 5
G Options for failing a VDA POTENTIAL audit VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 2
S VDA 5 Variables Data GR&R Spreadsheet wanted Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
pinar77 VDA 6.3 - How can I build the process NTF? VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 2
D VDA Trigger Matrix in the VDA 6.2 Manual - Interpretation and Use VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 3
T PPAP differences between TS16949 and VDA APQP and PPAP 1
Q VDA 6.3 Certified Auditor Training in the United States VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 1
K VDA 2 Requirements of Tests for PPA VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 2
O VDA 6.3 Process Audit Template wanted VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 5
Moncia Tall Manufacturer - VDA Audit - Which parts of the audit apply to us? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
P New Yellow Print VDA 6.3 (2016) VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 10
A VDA 4 and PFMEA - What's main difference? VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 0
G PPAP 4th edition or VDA - VW Requirements APQP and PPAP 2
B How to perform a MSA - GRR (Gage R&R) A&R/ANOVA Vs GUM/VDA Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
G VDA 6.3 Automotive Audit with detailed questions Audit Questionnaire Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 8