What are you going to do now AS9101 Rev D is out?

RCW

Quite Involved in Discussions
Okay, I'll ask the question - Is it worth going out and buying AS9101 Rev D?

The reasoning behind my question is, will the spec help me implement AS9100C? (I have a feeling I know what the answer is but I would like to hear it from others). It probably is nice to review the spec just to know how you are going to be audited. Are you going to adjust your internal audting to mirror some or all of the methods in AS9101D? If the answer is yes, is AS9100/9110/9120 the only quality spec your company addresses?

To me, it's hard to justify spending $136 for the spec, at this time.

P

Phiobi

The reasoning behind my question is, will the spec help me implement AS9100C? (I have a feeling I know what the answer is but I would like to hear it from others). It probably is nice to review the spec just to know how you are going to be audited. Are you going to adjust your internal audting to mirror some or all of the methods in AS9101D? If the answer is yes, is AS9100/9110/9120 the only quality spec your company addresses?

Personally I think yes it is worth it. Having gone through AS9100 Rev C and AS9101 Rev D I feel the best way to demonstrate process effectiveness is to use the PEAR (with a couple bits added) So if nothing else AS9101 has helped with that.

As I have said previously I am using both documents to make my QMS effective and easily audited, benefiting internalally, customers and the CB

Reactions: Joy

John Broomfield

Leader
Super Moderator

RCW,

AS9101D specifies a methodology for verifying the effectiveness of your processes that may be more rigorous than your management system currently requires.

Therefore, everyone interested in improving their system and its processes should:

• Buy and use AS9101D, or
  • Download and use the PEAR form posted earlier here.
Best regards,

John

Top Bottom