What exactly is Facility Management?

A

anil123

What exactly mean the facility management, any SOP or any template please provide

harry

Trusted Information Resource
Re: Facility Management

Wikipedia reference-linkFacility Management aka Property Management (although there are some minor differences).

Facility management is an interdisciplinary field primarily devoted to the maintenance and care of commercial or institutional buildings, such as hotels, resorts, schools, office complexes, sports arenas or convention centers. Duties may include the care of air conditioning, electric power, plumbing and lighting systems; cleaning; decoration; groundskeeping and security. Some or all of these duties can be assisted by computer programs. These duties can be thought of as non-core or support services, because they are not the primary business (taken in the broadest sense of the word) of the owner organization.

BradM

Leader
Admin
Yes, Harry's post pretty much covered it. The job description varies widely, depending on the scope of the work. Some facility managers are engineers responsible for medium/long range planning, construction, and expansion. Others are simply responsible for restrooms and floor cleaning and such. So, it all depends on the culture and organization of the desired place of business.:)

A

anil123

Meaning-wise I know it but how to document the things. Does anybody provide me any template or format to include in ISO/TS 16949

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Meaning-wise I know it but how to document the things. Does anybody provide me any template or format to include in ISO/TS 16949
What kind of template or format? How you will know what infrastructure conditions will be needed to support your process operations? Such as,

• power availability at workstations,
  • fire protection systems,
  • purity of air and anything else the function manages, like piped cooling water
  • temperature and humidity,
  • atmospheric ionization for ESD protection
  • lighting
  • availability of egress: fire exits
  • ...others as you identify by requirements of product, process to produce product, customer and regulatory requirements.
The template for this is:

1. Identify what is needed. Use customer contracts, regulations and codes, product requirements, engineers
  2. Plan to meet what is needed: design, cost/benefit analysis, make choices
  3. Plan maintenance schedules and procedures to ensure everything functions properly when needed
  4. Design systems/processes to monitor performance against requirements, including calibrated instruments and even computerized "alarm" system to send alerts to a central place when anomalies occur
  5. Install the above
  6. Monitor, assess, and correct any found problems
  7. Repeat as needed to maintain, and provide for new products or needs

Top Bottom