What is FRACAS? Failure Reporting Analysis and Corrective Action System

al40

Quite Involved in Discussions
Fracas

IT is a form of corrective action system imposed upon my company by Lockheed. Any help would be appricated.

Thanks, :bonk:

Al Rosen

Leader
Super Moderator
Allen M. said:
IT is a form of corrective action system imposed upon my company by Lockheed. Any help would be appricated.

Thanks, :bonk:
FRACAS is a closed loop system for corrective action used by military contractors. I've attached MIL Handbook 2155, which replaced MIL-STD-2155. It explains the FRACAS system.

Attachments

• HDBK_2155 fracas.pdf
    603.9 KB · Views: 293

al40

Fracas

Thanks for the input. I think the MIl-hanbook will help, I wonder if I could just add a snip-it in my CAR porcedure?

:thanx:

Last edited:

al40

FRACAS is back

It's me again, I'm still having problems with the FRACAS procedure. The sites provided was for software"Marketing" and provided no real input. The mil-handbook reads like it's a corrective action process. The FRACAS requirement is being pushed by the customer a "Aerospace OEM". I'm at a lost. :confused: :mad:

R

Rob Nix

Allen M. said:
The mil-handbook reads like it's a corrective action process

Mil-Std-785

FRACAS is a corrective action process; = Failure Reporting Analysis, and Corrective Action System. It's just the term used in the reliability field, following steps very similar to an 8D, e.g. recording failure data, analyzing data (root cause analysis), recommending corrective actions, implementing them, and following up to ensure permanence.

If you already have a corrective action process, you should be fine.

p.s. Sorry, I didn't realize until after I posted and did a search that this topic was just discussed several days ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

al40

Rob Nix said:
Mil-Std-785

FRACAS is a corrective action process; = Failure Reporting Analysis, and Corrective Action System. It's just the term used in the reliability field, following steps very similar to an 8D, e.g. recording failure data, analyzing data (root cause analysis), recommending corrective actions, implementing them, and following up to ensure permanence.

If you already have a corrective action process, you should be fine.

p.s. Sorry, I didn't realize until after I posted and did a search that this topic was just discussed several days ago.
Thanks for the info our CAR process is based on the 8D corrective action report. Can I add wording to our procedure stating that the FRACAS follows the same process as our CAR system? :thanx:

Top Bottom