Who are these guys? E-mail from ASQ concerning a contested election for President

C

Craig H.

I just recieved an email from ASQ concerning a contested election for President. The race is between:

Michael D. Nichols Candidate nominated by the Nominating Committee
Daniel E. Sniezek Candidate by Petition

Can anyone give me any idea what each of these guys plan to do?

V

vanputten

Don't know

Hello Craig:

I don't know who those two people are. Nor did I know there was even an election. Curious that you recieved the e mail from the ASQ but I did not. I wonder how the ASQ is distributing such information?

Regards,

Dirk

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Leader
Super Moderator
We are supposed to get a one page statement from each with the election ballot. ASQ has a bunch of rules that prevent any "campaigning" to be performed.

I have met Dan, he's a great guy and has made a good connection with those of us (The Gang of Four for example) that have been on the outside of ASQ knocking on the door to get in.

The past year has been good with ASQ, there has been a new openness under Jerry Maraini. Personally, I think it would be good to bring in an "outsider" to run ASQ rather than the single-party system of nominating only one person to run for each office that has been practiced for the last 20 years at least.

One deciding factor for me is the ASQ pick is a Six Sigma person, and Dan is not.

For the ASQ members, here is a link to their bios.

http://www.asq.org/members/leadership/elections/2006-07-election-bios.html

R

RosieA

If you follow the directions in the email, you'll find directions to profiles on each of the candidates. According to society rules, no one in ASQ leadership positions is allowed to campaign for a candidate, and I'm sure that BOTH candidates are qualified.

I do know Dan Sneizek, who is the Regional Director of Region 2, where I am a section chair. I am not campaigning for Dan, but will say that he has provided excellent leadership and local support for the last 4 years. You can read about his other accomplishments and qualifications in the profile.

In my personal opinion, this election is very much about the future direction of ASQ. It's no secret that the ASQ local sections have been very unhappy with the direction of the Board over the past several years.

Whomever you decide to vote for, please VOTE. We haven't had a choice for 20 years. Dirk, I'm sure with the volume of email that is going out on the proxy vote, that the emails will take most of the day to reach all the membership, so if you haven't received the letter, I'm sure you will.

Last edited by a moderator:
V

vanputten

Got it.

Hello Rosie:

I just got my election proxy. I jumped the gun.

I was going to post a link to the candidate bios but Steve beat me to it.

Regards,

Dirk

R

ralphsulser

Glad to see some input here. I just got my notification too. I read both biographies, and was hoping for some "Cove" comments before I decidied my vote.
Thanks Steve and Rosie for your comments

K

Kevin H

Received my notice a little bit ago. Glad to hear some discussion of the candidates here on the Cove. It would be nice if ASQ national became a little more customer oriented.

R

RosieA

I agree that more openness is needed.

I give Dan a lot of credit. He stormed the bastions to get on the ballot, and give us the opportunity to have a choice instead of being handed a result.

Statistical Steven

Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator
It comes down to the difference between a regional based society (sections) and industry based society (divisions). ASQ is struggling with the model that will meet its members needs.

Not sure the President matters, as much as it matters that members voice their concerns to the BoD.

Top Bottom