Why do I have to Re-Log In?

E

energy

Marc,
How come I have to enter my user name and password if I leave the site? It used to recognize me automatically when I replied to a topic. For this post it did recognize me because I did not leave the site. Something new or am I experiencing cockpit problems?
It has something to with the "cookis". I think our system administrator may not allow cookies to remain in our intranet systems. As lond as i bounce around from topic to topic, the cookies allow me to submit replies as long as I stay on the site. Forget the question.

[This message has been edited by energy (edited 27 March 2001).]

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I did some script changes a bit ago in an attempt to make some changes to the board. Sometimes a small change in a perl script which interacts with about 10 other perl scripts screws up something you don't expect it to. In addition, every time I updated this software it has had more bugs than the previous version did. I finally stopped updating when they essentially doubled the price.

I suggest you read the 'Light Bulbs' notice which has been up for a week or more - it's at the top of each forum page.

I also found that on my machine removing all cookies manually made a difference for some reason. Since I did this things have been working OK for me for the most part. There are several 'cookie' bugs in this version to boot. It was not their greatest work. But to go back to the previous version would be next to impossible, although I saw many fewer bugs.

For me to do things right I'd install WWWThreads. But - as I contemplated things - if I did all of the internal links in the messages would be lost unless I kept these forums open and just started 'new' like I did with this software (witness the 'old forums archive'). I guess I could drop the 'old' forums now, but there is still some good information on QS-9000 and the evolution of many interpretations.

So - dump your forum cookies (including the forum cookies on your machine if you know how to do that). Know your password and 'start fresh' (you have to reply to a message or start a new topic to 'set' your name and password cookies) and see what happens. Let me know.

E

energy

Cookies gone. I'll let you know if there is a change, after I post.

E

energy

Marc,
I send this with "coffee breath" to your "baited breath". I no longer have to enter user name and password to reply to a post. Dumped all cookies. My light bulbs are gone. Followed the directions for restoring light bulbs to no avail. Maybe they will start up again on their own. I can always check dates and times. Thanks for the assistance, Smitty?

Top Bottom