7.4 - Excluding the buying process

S

SuRiVs

Hello everyone. I'd finished the gap analysis and started working on the gaps. While doing the analysios we realized that buying has actually no influence on oru product/service quality and we were thinking on excluding it.

Thing is that we develop most of our software on our clients computer centers and have not outsources services. We do aquiere services (internet provider, energy, telephone compañy and so on) office staff and the only thing that could be importante is software licenses.

Is it possible to exclude 7.4? How could you proove that it has no influene on your product realization?

Thanks again for all the help, the forum has been a great source. Everyone here seems very open and helpfull :)

Martin Lewit

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
SuRiVs said:
Hello everyone. I'd finished the gap analysis and started working on the gaps. While doing the analysios we realized that buying has actually no influence on oru product/service quality and we were thinking on excluding it.

Thing is that we develop most of our software on our clients computer centers and have not outsources services. We do aquiere services (internet provider, energy, telephone compañy and so on) office staff and the only thing that could be importante is software licenses.

Is it possible to exclude 7.4? How could you proove that it has no influene on your product realization?

Thanks again for all the help, the forum has been a great source. Everyone here seems very open and helpfull :)

Martin Lewit
The Standard suggests the organization adapt each Section to its own circumstances. You write, "the only thing that could be importante is software licenses. " It seems to me the Standard in this case would suggest a process to ensure all software licenses are sufficient and up to date so none of the work done for customers using that software could later be the subject of a legal battle on the sufficiency of the code licenses.

I agree the other things you mention buying are not, strictly speaking, part of your Quality process, but of your business process, and need not be documented under your QMS. Ergo, you do not exclude 7.4, but you do limit the scope of which buying it covers.

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
I find that it's pretty tough to exclude purchasing for almost any organization. Here are few questions that come to mind: Do you buy software that you use to do the programming? Do you buy hardware for compatibility testing? What are the actual deliverables to your customers? Do you have CD duplication? Printing of manuals, brochures, etc.?

Top Bottom