Advice on becoming a AS9100 Auditor - Need to audit organizations that are Design Responsible

C

Cbell

So ive gone through the courses (AS9100 Lead auditor and AS9100 AATT), Ive passed the tests. Ive done more then enough audit days and have my audit log all filled out. The only thing holding me back now are the 2 audits that need to include design and development. The company I was doing auditing for did not have any with design and development, ive contacted registrars and anyone that I know that audits and no one can get me these days. Does anyone have any advice on how to get these?? Any advice or if anyone has any audits I could join on to get these days that would be amazing.

AndyN

Moved On
Without actual design and development PROCESS experience, you'll find it tough to know what to audit and what's effective. It isn't simply a case of getting sufficient audit TIME auditing a design function...

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Does anyone have any advice on how to get these??
Welcome to The Cove.

Have you approached the LARGE aerospace CB's? Despite the transition timeframe being finished, I was under the impression there is (still) a high demand for aerospace qualified auditors and you are so close to getting the qualifications that CB's should be vying for your services. Working with a "top echelon" CB should give you the chance to audit 2 D&D responsible organizations in less than 2 weeks.

Good luck.

Last edited:
C

Cbell

Welcome to The Cove.

Have you approached the LARGE aerospace CB's? Despite the transition timeframe being finished, I was under the impression there is (still) a high demand for aerospace qualified auditors and you are so close to getting the qualifications that CB's should be vying for your services. Working with a "top echelon" CB should give you the chance to audit 2 D&D responsible organizations in less than 2 weeks.

Good luck.

Ive been contacting numerous different large CB's asking for these days, or any advice on how to get them and all of them have been telling me either they dont need anyone currently or that they dont have many d&d to offer.

Eredhel

Quality Manager
I could see it being difficult with larger CB's too. When I have the desire to do auditing full time and reach out I don't find any interest. It's a weird game sometimes I guess. And I have 10 years manufacturing, 5 years as a quality manager, and I'm AS9100D lead auditor certified.

Granted my resume isn't built for an auditor, but I would have thought my kind of experience and having the right mindset would make opportunities more likely.

C

Cbell

Other than a couple training courses what is your aerospace experience?

Ive worked in numerous machine shops and aerospace companies that were AS9100 and ISO approved (machine shops, electrical companies, pneumatic and hydraulic companies, etc) . Ive ran numerous different machines at a few machine shops, worked in quality as an inspector, been an engineering assistant, a cad drafter, moved up to a electrical design engineer, then switched to a installation engineer and currently I am a aircraft system engineer.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Ive been contacting numerous different large CB's asking for these days, or any advice on how to get them and all of them have been telling me either they dont need anyone currently or that they dont have many d&d to offer.
It is unclear from your previous posts if you want to work as an AEA for a CB or not. CB's can not bring outsiders to their audits if the people have no working relationship with the CB. Even as observers, auditors-in-training have to have some form of contractual relationship with the CB, due to liability and confidentiality reasons.

Good luck.

AndyN

Moved On

Where are you located?

Top Bottom