All Dimensions listed on control plan

DWPOZE

Registered Visitor
Our customer is wanting us list all print dimensions on the control plan. Gages used, sample size, frequency for each print dimension. Is this to detailed? Some prints have 75 dimensions being generated in one operation. Do we need to list each hole size, true position, etc.?

Thanks for your help:thanx:

DWPOZE

Registered Visitor
Thanks for your advice. I can understand being more detailed if you are doing a dynamic control plan that lists the product characteristic with Gage R&R and the Capability Results. Does anyone have a sample PFMEA and Control Plan for machining processes like milling. Thanks

Last edited:

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
Control plan should only list those dimensions that you plan to control in process. Listing everything is probably overkill. A lot will depend what your a making and how you operate.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Our customer is wanting us list all print dimensions on the control plan. Gages used, sample size, frequency for each print dimension. Is this to detailed? Some prints have 75 dimensions being generated in one operation. Do we need to list each hole size, true position, etc.?

Thanks for your help:thanx:
Is this an AIAG control plan?

Matt's Quality Handle

Involved In Discussions
Some customers may be satisfied listing some as Annual Layout. I've reviewed many a PPAP package that had non-critical dimensions with an annual CMM layout.

Edited to add: Our annual layouts were listed in the control plan as requested by at least one of our OEM's. I believe that it was GM, but the GR&R on my memory isn't good :)

Sebastian

Trusted Information Resource
This is standard requirement from ages - layout inspection within control plan.
So DWPOZ, put in control plan layout inspection e.g. once per 3 years or whenever, as required per your customer CSR and that's all.
It might happen, that your customer would ask for all characteristics inspected per manufacturing lot, but this is generally against APQP philosophy.

Top Bottom