American Petroleum Institute's API Q1 Standard NINTH Edition

N

NHopkins

Maciek, are you aiming for 6A / 16A monogram licenses? If so you have to be "compliant" to Q1 and able to pass a full audit, per the application available on API's website.

We're going through this now but are getting Q1 9th ed certification as well as a 16D monogram license.

I'm by no means a master of all things API, but am happy to share what I find and what happens to us with API with anyone who needs.

B

bluepagen

Yes, please keep us informed. I am currently going through our procedures and comparing them to the 9th edition requirements. I am finding that in some cases, a simple sentence or two has to be added. Although we do not have any thing that will cover the new requirements of risk and contingency. The management of change is not new for us as a company, we use it in HSE, but it will be new for quality.

I have started a Risk Register, using 9 years worth of CAR and OFI history rrom internal, customer and third party audits. Now will need Management team to add to it, but at least we have a good start.

So I for one would be greatful to hear how others are handling the changes and what they come up with.

I

Irshad Khan

Re: API Q1 Standard NINTH Edition

Hello Guys,

how do you interpret this 5.6.1.1 a) Determination of the criticality of the activities or products.............
I am badly stuck please help

Irshad

B

bluepagen

critical products = special type of material, 3.2 bolts, special threading, specific composition of the material, desired heat, yield, tensile, something going into a high pressure area, nace,

critical activities = those which you have to send out for - nde, heat treat, special welding, special coating

please email me if you have additional questions, maybe I can help you.

I

Irshad Khan

Bluepagen,
Thanks for all your help.
We re-manufacture rig equipment and have exclusion to Design & Development as per 8th Edition. The 9th edition has separated the procedure for provision of Product and provision of Service.
In this scenario is it required to have the procedure for production of products or we can claim this requirement as N/A in our Q A Manual.
Another scenario is that we make some simple replacement Pins like 1"+ diameter where the Engineer specify the diameter, material and hardness requirements in the form of a written statement/instruction.
Can we still claim procedure for production of products N/A?
If we can not make this claim, does this mean our claim to exclude Design & Development is not valid.
I will greatly appreciate your help!
Irshad Khan

I

Irshad Khan

Hello Guys :bigwave:

I have posted some questions but nobody is helping:(

Please help

B

bluepagen

Bluepagen,
Thanks for all your help.
We re-manufacture rig equipment and have exclusion to Design & Development as per 8th Edition. The 9th edition has separated the procedure for provision of Product and provision of Service.
In this scenario is it required to have the procedure for production of products or we can claim this requirement as N/A in our Q A Manual.
Another scenario is that we make some simple replacement Pins like 1"+ diameter where the Engineer specify the diameter, material and hardness requirements in the form of a written statement/instruction.
Can we still claim procedure for production of products N/A?
If we can not make this claim, does this mean our claim to exclude Design & Development is not valid.
I will greatly appreciate your help!
Irshad Khan
We have a procedure for production, and one for service. How can you justify production is N/A if you re making 1" pins?

I

Irshad Khan

We have a procedure for production, and one for service. How can you justify production is N/A if you re making 1" pins?

We make some replacement Pins. If the bore or hole is worn out a little but still acceptable, we will make just one size bigger Pin. Or if both are worn out we build the hole to actual size and make a new Pin.
Our current Q 1 does not include these equipment but we are planning to include these equipment to our Q 1 scope.
That is why I am wondering if we need both procedures regardless if it is such a small Pin?
:thanks:

Last edited by a moderator:
B

bluepagen

size does not matter. If you are making something, then I would thin you need both. Just explain what you are doing, how you get the info to the people on the floor, how you inspect, how you segregate if you make a bad part, how you control the bad part, if you have inspection to release the part, for the next operation, and if is the case for the customer as a replacement, and how you keep the file from the production floor. Good luck.

I

Irshad Khan

size does not matter. If you are making something, then I would thin you need both. Just explain what you are doing, how you get the info to the people on the floor, how you inspect, how you segregate if you make a bad part, how you control the bad part, if you have inspection to release the part, for the next operation, and if is the case for the customer as a replacement, and how you keep the file from the production floor. Good luck.
:thanks:

I really appreciate your help and time!

Top Bottom