ANSI/ASQ Z1.4. for CQE Exam

Most certainly you do not. I would guess that they will provide the AQL tables in the content of the exam. They will test you on your ability to read the tables they provide.

John Predmore

Trusted Information Resource
That was not my experience. I recommend you do not guess or rely on another person's guess to answer your question. The source you should rely on is the ASQ.org website under CQE Examination preparation:
"All examinations are open book. Each participant must bring his or her own reference materials. Use of reference materials and calculators is explained in the FAQs." [emphasis added]

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
IIRC I did need to bring my own sampling table. Z1.4 and MIL-STD-105 are essentially identical, so you can bring the free tables from the latter to answer questions.

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Leader
Super Moderator
I'll add that Acheson Duncan's Quality Control and Industrial Statistics (of which I've noted in another post that it has MIL STD 105D) was the only reference I ended up using during the CQE exam (though that was back in the last century) of the stack of materials I took to the exam.

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
I'll add that Acheson Duncan's Quality Control and Industrial Statistics (of which I've noted in another post that it has MIL STD 105D) was the only reference I ended up using during the CQE exam (though that was back in the last century) of the stack of materials I took to the exam.
:oops: Wow. Either that book is quite a broad reference or you remember much more than most of us mortals. I'm guessing the latter.

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Leader
Super Moderator
It's very broad = 1,123 pages. Though I also had the advantage of being a student in a master's level course being taught from the book, from a professor that did a peer review of the book before the edition was published.

That was not my experience. I recommend you do not guess or rely on another person's guess to answer your question. The source you should rely on is the ASQ.org website under CQE Examination preparation:
"All examinations are open book. Each participant must bring his or her own reference materials. Use of reference materials and calculators is explained in the FAQs." [emphasis added]
Agree. Scratch what I said.

David-D

Involved In Discussions
IIRC I did need to bring my own sampling table. Z1.4 and MIL-STD-105 are essentially identical, so you can bring the free tables from the latter to answer questions.

I slso brought and used copies of the standards to answer some questions.They don't provide any of that material. I don't recall now if i brought z1.4 and z1.9 or MIL-STD-105 and 414 but they shoiuld be interchangeable for these purposes. You probably really only need the first couple tables (not al the double/multiple sampling) so definately bring the single normal/tightened/reduced tables and the lot size sample letter tables so you can answer on sample size dtermination. You slso need to understand switching criteria.

The Mil standards can downloadded free from the USG at:
https://quicksearch.dla.mil/qaSearch.aspx

Best regards,

David

Top Bottom