Area for Improvement or Non conformance

N

Neophyte

Where did ISO/TS 16949 come into the discussion?:confused:

Your own post a couple of entries back:

Originally Posted by AndyN

"Better off" is a very subjective conclusion for any auditor to draw! It's not for auditors to decide this, but to evaluate if the process works and to report to management. Since this isn't a non-conformity with ISO 9001, the auditor shouldn't go around saying 'get rid of it'...

I'll admit ISO/TS 16949 isn't ISO 9001, but the impression I got was you were claiming these things were not required by the standard in a more general way (though you only specifically named 9001). If that was a wrong impression, the mistake is mine.

The issue of ISO conformance was also referenced in the initial post that started the thread. Again ISO/TS 16949 isn't ISO 900x but there are a lot of similarities etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

AndyN

Moved On
Your own post a couple of entries back:

Originally Posted by AndyN

"Better off" is a very subjective conclusion for any auditor to draw! It's not for auditors to decide this, but to evaluate if the process works and to report to management. Since this isn't a non-conformity with ISO 9001, the auditor shouldn't go around saying 'get rid of it'...

I'll admit ISO/TS 16949 isn't ISO 9001, but the impression I got was you were claiming these things were not required by the standard in a more general way (though you only specifically named 9001). If that was a wrong impression, the mistake is mine.

The issue of ISO conformance was also referenced in the initial post that started the thread. Again ISO/TS 16949 isn't ISO 900x but there are a lot of similarities etc.

You've lost me! I never mentioned ISO/TS 16949...

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
The receiving process is defined. There are four different processes for receiving 1) Standard purchased product for assembly going to warehouse (2) Material sent out to a supplier for processing (3) Raw material going to the production floor (4) Returned product

Process 1 & 4 are documented. Process 2 & 3 are not documented.

I have not found evidence that the processes are ineffective.

How do you know the processes are not ineffective if there are no documented requirements?

Top Bottom