AS9100 5.3 Authorities (Looking for examples)

K

Koala

My organization is creating a list of Authorities (by position) and we plan to communicate these authorities in our Job Descriptions.
I'm looking for examples of Authorities you may have documented. How detailed is your list?
Here are some of our examples: Communicate with customers, determine pricing, identify nonconforming product, disposition nonconforming product, hire/release personnel, issue disciplinary action, suggest improvements, etc.
Does anyone have further examples?

Thank you.

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
My organization is creating a list of Authorities (by position) and we plan to communicate these authorities in our Job Descriptions.
I'm looking for examples of Authorities you may have documented. How detailed is your list?
Here are some of our examples: Communicate with customers, determine pricing, identify nonconforming product, disposition nonconforming product, hire/release personnel, issue disciplinary action, suggest improvements, etc.
Does anyone have further examples?

Thank you.

You could start with a flowchart (or a list of top management and then ask them - what do they do - a short form of a Gap analysis and at the end of the project you know who takes responsibilities and who doesn't and then identify gaps or areas that requires responsibilities and identify such to management.

Kronos147

Trusted Information Resource
I would consider looking at your process map. Your process map may indicate process owners.

You might consider looking at your org chart too.

S

suffelde

If you are still addressing this issue, A macro org chart in the QM would be sufficient if the responsibilities were identified for each position. Of course, this would include a management representative. Keeping it simple, the head of your organization is ultimately responsible for the Business Management System and 5.3 with delegated responsibilities for the management representative as well any other duties where the personnel are trained and is part of their job description. That's my take and how we will approach it. Good Luck. Dave

Top Bottom