AS9102 Rev C Form 2 Supplier Code

QMSLady

Registered
My customer is rejecting Form 2 because we did not input the Supplier Code in Field 8 (Special Process Supplier Code). Can anyone please clarify what this code is and where I find it?
We put in the Supplier Name and Address originally.

greatwhitebuffalo

Involved In Discussions
My customer is rejecting Form 2 because we did not input the Supplier Code in Field 8 (Special Process Supplier Code). Can anyone please clarify what this code is and where I find it?
For field 8 I have always used the supplier name and address, for field 7 "CODE" I always put N/A. If the customer is requiring a code, and it's not referenced in the PO or on the drawing, I believe you will have to reach out to them. Many of my customers have unique requirements when it comes to how they want these things filled out, which is a bit frustrating as it seems to go against the whole idea.

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
In Field 8 the code requested is usually one your customer assigns to that supplier. But your customer needs to tell you what that code is. Clear as mud, right?

Lets say your company is Acme Mfg, your supplier is Ed's Steel and your customer is Lockheed. Ed's Steel is a Lockheed Approved supplier with Lockheed Supplier code ES1234. Include Code ES1234 in field 8 along with the name and address for Ed's Steel.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
As mentioned a few previous numbers, for an authoritative answer, go to the IAQG website, find the AS9102 Sector Document Representative and ask them. You can also trigger a feedback loop in OASIS asking the question. The code could be the OIN number of the supplier in OASIS.

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
As mentioned a few previous numbers, for an authoritative answer, go to the IAQG website, find the AS9102 Sector Document Representative and ask them. You can also trigger a feedback loop in OASIS asking the question. The code could be the OIN number of the supplier in OASIS.
If the customer requires something specific, they are the source of the "authoritative answer" not IAQG.

Top Bottom