ASQ (American Society for Quality) Certification Exams - Any Real Value?

gpainter

Quite Involved in Discussions
I have been member of ASQ for about 7 years now. The main reason I joined was for information on standards. They are a good info source. My section 0915, also do a great job on their programs. I do feel that the certifications are a source of money making. Not only in the refresher classes and the exam, but the required courses. Although, they have attempted to help out the poor folk of recent. In my opnion the test should be real time not the way a group at ASQ says and the test should be developed by knowledgable persons besides only ASQ persons. As far as increased wage, I do not feel at present it helps that much. Although I feel it does give you a slight advantage. It is all of our responsibility to continue our education whether it be thru certification process of ASQ or on our own thru seminars,reading,networking,etc.

E

energy

Asq?

Management has directed me to become a member of ASQ. Do you need a sponsor? $$$? I'm sure there are ASQ Members who frequent this site. I wonder if I have to wear a tie:vfunny: :smokin:

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Nope - you don't need a sponsor. Just around US$100. You can do it right on their site if I'm not mistaken.

Randy

Super Moderator
Join it!!

I'm a member even though I'm don't hold any Quality type certs. I use it as a networking tool.

It paid off by my meeting a guy on a conversation thread who offered me an Adjunct Faculty position and to provide training and consulting services in the Mid-West.

Great contract and business potential for me;)

E

energy

That's easy

That would be great. All I need now is your credit card numbers:biglaugh: Thanks:smokin:

J

Jim Biz

No tie -- I don't believe a sponser is a MUST have - but the appliction dies require that you have a semi-provable (historical) background in Quality :bigwave:

Sponsers (if you have one) get continuing education units (CEU's)
CQE's need to have xx number of CEU's in as i remember each 3 year period - so they do not need to "retest"

Check with your local section but I don't think Asq membership alone require's that you take classes or sit for examination board testing.

Check out www.asq.org for current info.

A

Aaron Lupo

Re: Asq?

Originally posted by energy
Management has directed me to become a member of ASQ. Do you need a sponsor? $$$?

I wonder if I have to wear a tie:vfunny: :smokin:
Yes, Energy you need a sponsor (no not really) and I will gladly let you pay me to sponsor you. Not really, just kidding any schmuck can join, they let me in.

As far as if you have to wear a tie, not only do you have to wear a tie but you also are required :vfunny: to wear a three piece suit. Once again kidding, I just hope the Chapter you join does a better job of informing you when meetings are held.
:bonk:

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Originally posted by Randy

It paid off by my meeting a guy on a conversation thread who offered me an Adjunct Faculty position and to provide training and consulting services in the Mid-West.
If the conversation thread was here, send me my 10%! :thedeal:

D

db

ASQ Membership

There is one downside to ASQ membership. Every year I get in trouble when I show my boss the salary survey data. He keeps mumbling something like all the folks they tend to survey are actually worth what they are paid! I just don’t quite know how to take that statement.

Dave B (the other Dave)
:frust: :vfunny:

M

Michael T

Re: ASQ Membership

Originally posted by db
There is one downside to ASQ membership. Every year I get in trouble when I show my boss the salary survey data. He keeps mumbling something like all the folks they tend to survey are actually worth what they are paid! I just don’t quite know how to take that statement.

Dave B (the other Dave)
:frust: :vfunny:
I just received my copy yesterday... all I gotta say is... **** I'm underpaid!!! Depending upon what table you look at - between $8,000 to $25,000 per year. I'm sure my boss will be more than happy to pony-up the dough to correct this obvious and egregeous oversight... :ko:

Anyone believe that - I've got ocean front property for sale, cheap. Location: Phoenix.

Cheers!!!

Top Bottom