C=0 and Skip Lot Sampling Plan Relationship

A

adolfopn

I would think they are mutually exclusive but do not have empirical data to prove it. I would think you can use the AQL and LTPD from the C=0 plans to set the skip lot intervals.

thanks Steven for your promt reply.
I don't know how to set up the skip lot intervals using AQL and LTPD. Do you know how? or Could you provide a reference article, book, etc to get familiar with this procedure? I have the "Zero Acceptance Number Sampling plans", fourth edition bt Nicholas L. Squeglia so far.
:thanx:

Statistical Steven

Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator
G

Geoff Withnell

I would personally ONLY use c=0 plans if I was doing skip lot sampling. To quote the NIST reference " However skip-lot sampling should only be used when it has been demonstrated that the quality of the submitted product is very good." To my mind, if you find a defect, the demonstration of the quality of the submitted product being very good fails. You should then return to normal sampling.

Geoff Withnell

A

adolfopn

Thanks for your feedback. So can we use both C=0 and skip lot sampling plans at the same time when product inspected has demonstrated acceptable quality?

G

Geoff Withnell

Thanks for your feedback. So can we use both C=0 and skip lot sampling plans at the same time when product inspected has demonstrated acceptable quality?

Yes -but...

If you are doing c=0, you are using a small sample size. If you are doing skip lot, you are taking this small sample less frequently. This can be a good decision, with a stable suppoier that you can trust to continue to supply you with good material. If for any reason the risk increases, be prepared to revisit your decision.

Geoff Withnell

Top Bottom