Can a "Two Wheeler" Manufacturer Supplier Register?

S

Saini

Ts16949

Can a supplier to two wheeler manufacturers be certified to TS16949???

Manoj Mathur

Quite Involved in Discussions
Why Not ? TS is applicable to you. For Illustration I am quoting the text from TS 16949:2002

This Technical Specification is applicable to sites of the organization where customer-specified parts, for production and/or service, are manufactured.
Supporting functions, whether on-site or remote (such as design centres, corporate headquarters and distribution centres}, form part of the site audit as they support the site, but cannot obtain stand-alone certification to this Technical Specification.

Manoj

K

kapoor

Ts16949

Yes, a supplier to 2 wheeler maufacturer can go for ISO/TS/16949 certification.

Q

qsmso

Hi there,
I am not sure about TS certified for 2 wheels mfg. We do certify for QS-9000 for 2 wheels process, however, it's really difficult that most of the customers do not understand PPAP, Control Plan or QS stuffs.
So, for TS 16949, if we wish to certified, can this eligible?
Where are any sources of information state that?

Regards,
QSMSO

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
OK, I realize this is kind of an old thread, but the FAQs at the IAOB website clarifies this.
http://www.iaob.org/faq.html
"Automotive" shall be understood as including the following:
- Cars, Trucks (Light, Medium and Heavy), Buses, Motorcycles
"Automotive" shall be understood to exclude the following:
- Industrial, Agricultural, Off-Highway (Mining, Forestry, Construction, etc.)

S

Sam

Saini said:
Can a supplier to two wheeler manufacturers be certified to TS16949???

Does the two-wheeler require TS2? If yes, go for it. If not I would think that the certification body would find it difficult to meet the audit requirements.

From the certification scheme for the certification body; para 1.5 "The scope of certification shall include all products supplied to customers subscribing to the certification to ISO/Ts 16949:2002."

V

Valeri

IATF Definition of Automotive

I just received this from our registrar.

Following numerous questions on the subject, the following is a clarification/reminder about the IATF definition of 'Automotive' - agreed upon at the July 2003 IATF meeting

Previously, the definition of Automotive was given as any motor powered land vehicle. However, IATF have now revised this definition to specifically include cars, trucks (light, medium and heavy), buses and motorcycles and to exclude industrial, agricultural, off-road (mining, forestry, construction etc.) vehicles.

This change may affect the eligibility for certification of some organizations - certification cannot be achieved by organizations who supply only to these excluded sectors.

Note that IATF have agreed that any existing contracts with suppliers to vehicle manufacturers who are now considered to be excluded from the definition of automotive can be honored, so any ISO/TS 16949:2002 certificates issued referencing customers in these excluded sectors are still valid, any assessments completed up to now will still be valid and can reference customers in excluded sectors and any contracts already accepted for assessment involving customers in excluded sectors can be fulfilled.

D

Don Wood - 2011

Two-Wheeler Mfgs. and TS

Copied from the IAOB FAQ:

"Automotive" shall be understood as including the following:
- Cars, Trucks (Light, Medium and Heavy), Buses, Motorcycles
"Automotive" shall be understood to exclude the following:
- Industrial, Agricultural, Off-Highway (Mining, Forestry, Construction, etc.)

Yes, a two-wheeler mfg. and their suppliers may be TS2 registered.
DW

Top Bottom