College FOOTBALL 2009!

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
Trusted Information Resource
Some good close games and upsets over the weekend.

Houston upset OK State, which is an out-of-conference loss but still...

USC squeaked by Ohio State, after being flat outplayed most of the game.

MI did win agains ND but it was a fight the whole game.

GA beat SC in a really close one. Had the SC quarterback run on the last play instead of passing it might have been different.

Most of the other games were more or less as expected.

N

Neil V.

If I may........

Central Michigan - 29
Michigan State - 27

College FOOTBALL 2009!

I'm going to enjoy the victory all week long. :rar:

J

John Nabors - 2009

If I may........

Central Michigan - 29
Michigan State - 27

College FOOTBALL 2009!

I'm going to enjoy the victory all week long. :rar:

Central Michigan beat Michigan State?? Boy howdy, I missed that news. Please tell me because I honestly don't know: was that because the Spartans are on the decline or because the Chippewas are on the rise?

J

John Nabors - 2009

My unsolicited and utterly biased prediction: Florida will beat Texas for the national championship.. with one caveat - we have one serious speed bump to get past, a very tough LSU team. We get past the Tigers, I really think we can run the schedule and finish undefeated.

GO GATORS !!!!!!!!

N

Neil V.

Central Michigan beat Michigan State?? Boy howdy, I missed that news. Please tell me because I honestly don't know: was that because the Spartans are on the decline or because the Chippewas are on the rise?

Yes indeed!

I can't say too much about MSU. From what I hear Spartan fans have pretty high hopes for this season. So in their minds i'm sure this is a huge setback.

For people following CMU though this was not a huge surprise. They have a number of talented seniors, including quarterback Dan LeFevour. He has taken on MAC records that Byron Leftwich set a little while back and has received some national attention. They have been oh-so-close in winning against the bigger schools and big games for the past two years (including two heartbreakers against Purdue, one in a bowl game). They are the favorites again in the MAC, so anything short of a MAC title AND bowl game victory would be disappointing, imo.

C

Craig H.

My unsolicited and utterly biased prediction: Florida will beat Texas for the national championship.. with one caveat - we have one serious speed bump to get past, a very tough LSU team. We get past the Tigers, I really think we can run the schedule and finish undefeated.

GO GATORS !!!!!!!!

There's always the game in Jacksonville.

J

John Nabors - 2009

Georgia is usually pretty tough, but this year I don't (knocking furiously on wood) see them having much for the Gators.

I just would like to know how LSU keeps growing these ferocious D-lines. Do they have some sort of secret hydroponic farm somewhere where they grow them in vats of nutrients? I think I need to start a new conspiracy theory ;)

C

Craig H.

Georgia is usually pretty tough, but this year I don't (knocking furiously on wood) see them having much for the Gators.

I just would like to know how LSU keeps growing these ferocious D-lines. Do they have some sort of secret hydroponic farm somewhere where they grow them in vats of nutrients? I think I need to start a new conspiracy theory ;)

Must be the gumbo.

As far as the coctail party goes, there have been several times when I thought the Dogs would make dog food out of a certain reptile, only to get their rear ends bit. 'Bout time for some payback.

Keep knockin' (yuk yuk) :lmao:

J

John Nabors - 2009

And by the way, when it comes to college sports, I have dual citizenship between my Florida Gators and North Carolina Tar Heels by virtue of being from North Carolina and living in Florida. Carolina may have had a tough time with Connecticut but the Huskies are not the pushover in football they once were. The Tar Heels are a team on the rise.

Sheesh. Two basketball schools learning how to play football.. Kinda like how that football school in Gainesville learned how to play basketball. :cool:

GO GATORS !!!!!!!

J

John Nabors - 2009

Must be the gumbo.

As far as the coctail party goes, there have been several times when I thought the Dogs would make dog food out of a certain reptile, only to get their rear ends bit. 'Bout time for some payback.

Keep knockin' (yuk yuk) :lmao:

I'll actually be at the ol' cocktail party in J-ville for the first time in a few years. I'll keep an eye out for you. You should be easy to spot since you'll be the only guy in the crowd actually wearing red.:lol:

Just kidding, Craig!

Top Bottom