College FOOTBALL - 2010

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
Trusted Information Resource
Awwwwwwww, Jason, no trash talking? Sure you are a SEC fan?

I was BORN Gator, adopted the Tide growing up, and love SEC football. Trash talking is a part of it! And the most FUN part of it!

Every SEC fan will cheer for every SEC team unless it their team in the game, and then the other team, even a SEC team is not worthy.

Now, in my analysis here and in a couple of other spots, I have mentioned that the Auburn Tigers - like the Georgia Bulldogs (DAWGS for SEC fans) - is for real and cannot be underestimated. Alabama will have trouble with Auburn this year in the Iron Bowl. They are fast, experienced, and comfortable in their system of play.

But you will forgive me if I mention that the War Eagle better not land, or it may get CHOMPED and better watch out for the Elephant also. And of course, Uga will be out to "take a bite outta the Tigers". But losses to Georgia and Florida - if that happens - would NOT keep them out of the SEC Championship as the DAWGS and Gators are EAST, and Auburn is WEST.

Their first real test though may be Tiger against Tiger.

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
Oh, and thanks for the vids!

Now, where are the wimpy Pac-10 vids? Where are the Big East, ACC, Mountain West, Big-10 and Big-12 vids? And trash talking?

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
It is Thursday, September 2 - and FOOTBALL starts tonight!!!

Then continues this Saturday!!!

Scott Catron

True Artisan
Super Moderator
Utes play Pitt tonight - two top-25 teams going at it - and what channel is it on?

Frickin' Versus!?! :whip:

Luckily, DirecTV and Comcast made nice and it's back on DTV, so at least I can see it on TV.

So glad to be done with the MWC after this year.

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
OK folks, week One is almost complete. Right now Navy at MD is on, and then is Boise State at V Tech.

Florida must have had 1st week jitters. However, in the 4th quarter they finally decided to put GATORS on the field instead of the stunt doubles they were using till then.

Ol' Miss got beat by a team that should not have been able to beat a SEC team, but they did. Ol' Miss is officially the laughing stock of the SEC. Maybe they should have sent a real team instead of the Pop Warner team.

Georgia and South Carolina both looked really good, sets up what may be a real duel for the East.

Florida State, Mississippi State, and South Florida all looked good too.

Alabama played like they should, but they better watch Auburn. I could actually see a National Championship between Auburn and Miami (FL).

So Cal played well against Hawaii, but they are on probation for two years. Texas looked good. Tulsa at East Carolina was a barn burner of a shootout.

Bunch of others won big too, but Week Two should be interesting.

On, on ESPN College Pickem, I was above the average but shy of the top.

Comments?

J

jasonb067

Still no trash talking, the Auburn family would not like that.

I will have to say that Auburn looked very comfortable this weekend but as always, one week at a time.

Of course Georgia and Auburn is always a good one.

Still not sure about LSU. We will have to wait just a bit more to see if they are for real in my opinion.

Why the Georgia game matters...1) They have been playing for a long time so there is a lot of history.

2) Two years ago (the last time game was played at Auburn) About 75% of the kids playing were from the I-85 stretch between Atlanta and Montgomery. We have seen or at least heard of these kids playing since highschool.

Do not get me wrong I really want to beat Alabama at everything but the Georgia deal matters a lot.

By the way, where is the Big-10 this year?

Attachments

• College FOOTBALL - 2010
    0002-9449-4georgia-vs-auburn-1959-posters.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 580
M

mguilbert

Who did Auburn give up 26 points to? They better tighten up that defense. They will not play high school teams every week that they can score on at will. The most of the SEC played a bunch of high school teams and they charged $30+ to watch on tv. I truly feel sorry for Ole Miss fans who paid to watch their team lose to a high scholl team.:lmao:

J

jasonb067

The Arkansas Red Wolves maybe closer to a high school team than they are to the Great Crimsion Tide (did not even like typing that even for the sarcasm) but they have been able to string some good seasons together prior to last year. (I know this because a co-worker is alum). But you are correct, giving up 26 points to them is not a good thing.

As far as every SEC team playing a high school team. Well, that is typical for first game. Just as in basketball the power house teams tend to play in the Hawii blah blah (do not know the actual name of the tourney) to start their season beating up on teams that have no real shot of winning.

I am not sure how much longer this tradition will last. I think that as college football becomes even more marketed it will not be long before we will see some fairly big games in the first week of the season.

M

mguilbert

The Arkansas Red Wolves maybe closer to a high school team than they are to the Great Crimsion Tide (did not even like typing that even for the sarcasm) but they have been able to string some good seasons together prior to last year. (I know this because a co-worker is alum). But you are correct, giving up 26 points to them is not a good thing.

As far as every SEC team playing a high school team. Well, that is typical for first game. Just as in basketball the power house teams tend to play in the Hawii blah blah (do not know the actual name of the tourney) to start their season beating up on teams that have no real shot of winning.

I am not sure how much longer this tradition will last. I think that as college football becomes even more marketed it will not be long before we will see some fairly big games in the first week of the season.

Yet with the tip off tourneys they are not all sub par teams. One team will win the tourney the rest will have a loss. But I do understand not wanting to start the season with a loss. I also agree the NCAA will have to put up more competetive games if they expect me to even care about opening weekend.

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
Georgia is a great team, but they are in USC's house this week. By that I mean the original USC (South Carolina). SC has a serious defense it seems, they were all over the folks they played this past weekend.

This year Tennessee opened against a Pop Warner team, but not next year. I found out that next year they open against Montana. Montana Grizzlies was in the National Championship game for I-AA last year, and only were beaten by Appalatian State. You remember AS, they beat Michigan in the Big House? Should be a good game. Still, the Vols are at home against the Ducks this week. If OR plays like they played this past week, TN will be 1-1.

Top Bottom