Determining Special Audit Duration

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Then she asks us what "qualify" means, and tells us to get ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems - Fundamentals & vocabulary book to find the definition of "qualify" which we paid $250 only to find that definition of "qualify" wasn't even listed on the book, so she was telling us a flat out lie.
ISO 9000 is a normative standard called for in 9001. As for the definition of quality and thousands of other terms, ISO offers www.iso.org/obp where anyone can find the definitions of terms used in all of their standards for free.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Crimpshrine13

Involved In Discussions
You do not need to allow her on your site, that's an absolute. You tell your CB that in writing and do it yesterday. File a complaint with the Accreditation Body. If she shows up do not let her in the door. Right off the bat unless you have a typo, 9001:2015 was the wrong reference she gave you, it's 9000:2015.
Sorry, that was my typo, it was ISO 9000:2015. But - I tell you that she initially said it was called "Terms and Definitions," which I kept looking online that I could not find, so I showed my search results and said that "Are you referring to 'Fundamentals and vocabularies'?" and she said "oh, yeah it's that one" which wasted 20 minutes of my time trying to find the book called "Terms and Definitions" and the $250 book we purchased didn't even have a definition on "qualification" she mentioned.

Everything she did and said was reported to IAOB already so I just need to wait to see what will happen. I also told the CB about the invoice that we would not pay unless they correct the issues on the invoice and remove those grocery bills and the 3-day car rental on weekend and I made sure that the CB could take my email as a formal complaint. This week, they sent me email about the special audit, and this time they assigned another auditor (whom we know from prior audit years ago), so my complaint worked. I'm pretty sure that IAOB is also investigating and reviewing her audit history and client complaints, and how the CB is monitoring the auditor travel expense in general by now. If this was not for CBs, an employee can be fired for falsifying the reimbursement request to gain more money. I do not know how tough IAOB is going to go about, but I'm certain that something will be getting done because IAOB is obligated to correct the issue and the responsible need to be disciplined. Otherwise IAOB will lose its integrity and credibility as an IATF oversight office in North America.

Crimpshrine13

Involved In Discussions
ISO 9000 is a normative standard called for in 9001. As for the definition of quality and thousands of other terms, ISO offers www.iso.org/obp where anyone can find the definitions of terms used in all of their standards for free.

Yes, it was my typo - it was ISO 9001:2015 sorry.

Wasn't that ISO site only shows the overview (usually the table of contents or first few pages)? I believe I've seen it. But she wanted us to actually look at the definition of "qualify" in that book, which is not written. I think she was trying to defend herself and wanted to stick with the word "competent" and not want to hear "qualify" - which they do not have exact same meanings, but they are synonyms. It was the same way throughout the audit because she was sticking to the words in ISO 9001:2015 or IATF 16949:2016 and would not be satisfied if we used similar but different words. When I was in the AIAG IATF 16949:2016 internal auditor training course, I spoke with the trainer with my colleague, and explained what happened during the audit and the trainer was astounded by what she was hearing. She also said that our auditor was auditing to the standard but not auditing the process. Those were the precise words of what this auditor was about.

And for so many years we've gone through these audits, no auditor - no single auditor ever admitted that all auditors audit differently or come with different biases. How can a company that was getting only 2 - 3 minor nonconformances each year and zero (0) nonconformances in the prior year suddenly get 11 major nonconformances without any changes to the company operations and no employee turnovers or new processes with zero (0) customer complaints for several years? It makes you think that it is either (1) the prior auditors were not doing their jobs, (2) this most recent auditor is not doing her job correctly, or (3) the CB is not doing what they're doing (monitoring of auditors). This whole audit process this year was really mind-boggling.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
But she wanted us to actually look at the definition of "qualify" in that book, which is not written.
To qualify is a verb. Qualification is a term that has 245 entries/definitions in the ISO ecosystem.

Determining Special Audit Duration

Top Bottom