Does anyone know where to buy an instant read dosimeter?

D

Dave Johnson

Hello All
My company recently received an x-ray machine (used for industrial analysis) from another corporate division. We contracted with a laboratory to supply and develop x-ray badges quarterly. The machine passed state inspection.

Our manager's concern is that if there is an over-exposure while operating the equipment, we (and the employee) would not know about it until the badge was sent to the lab and the report came back.

Does anyone know if there is a badge or device that would give an immediate signal of over-exposure? Where can we get them?

Thanks very much
daj

D

Dave Johnson

thanks

Thank you Mr. Wynne!!!
This looks like just what we need.

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Leader
Super Moderator
Dave Johnson said:
Hello All
My company recently received an x-ray machine (used for industrial analysis) from another corporate division. We contracted with a laboratory to supply and develop x-ray badges quarterly. The machine passed state inspection.

Our manager's concern is that if there is an over-exposure while operating the equipment, we (and the employee) would not know about it until the badge was sent to the lab and the report came back.

Does anyone know if there is a badge or device that would give an immediate signal of over-exposure? Where can we get them?

Thanks very much
daj

There are also some electronic dosimeters out there that you can set an alarm threshold and they will give an audible warning. We use some of those out here at the Hanford site.

J

Jerome

Maybe we can help?

Hello Dave,

If you haven't found what you're lookin' for yet I might have what you need.
Attached you'll find a dosimeter which we sell and could very well be what you're looking for.
We are a company specialized in the area of nuclear industry and nuclear medicine.
Please contact our international sales manager Henk Doevendans at the following:
e-mail Henk(at)veenstranet(dot)com
Tel +31 513 41 69 64
Web http://www.veenstranet.com

Best regards,

Jerome

Attachments

• Datasheet DMC2000X.pdf
    682.2 KB · Views: 213
Last edited by a moderator:
J

JerryStem

We only have film badges here (we use Xray and Beta Isotopes). But I remember pocket dosimeters when I was in the Navy. You had to be careful, because if you banged them against something, they "discharged" and caused a false high reading...

Jerry

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Leader
Super Moderator
If you type "electronic dosimeters" into Google, you get a lot of manufacturers.

I don't know what brand(s) we use here at Hanford.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom