Feedback on NCP (Non-Conforming Product) Procedure

J

JaimeB

I'm sure everyone is bored stiff waiting for another newbie to ask for elementary advice, so I'll see if I can be of service. :tg:

I work for a small company seeking AS9100 certification. I'm new to the company, and AS9100. Attached is my stab at a procedure for control of NCP.

Basically, I'm looking for feedback on whether or not my flow chart has any glaring gaps, and if there's any verbiage that should be removed or added to ensure conformance to the standard.

Venting here...I'm working with a consultant who is very fond of including verbatim sections from the standard, despite my attempts to make the procedures short, sweet, and to the point using language everyone here will relate to. :frust:

Any advice from you before I present this to the consultant would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Draft - Control of NCP.doc
    414 KB · Views: 402

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
If it was me, I would put the statements in your procedure right on the flow chart itself. You can reference that note to that part of the process. It will make it much cleaner.

For example, in our process we say something like "IS CA/PA needed?" Then we reference Note "B" which clarifies when CA/PA is needed. Note "B" is right there for people to reference.

J

JaiJay

Hi

This is a rough first draft of what I want to be a simple flow chart detailing control of NCP as I am re-writing all of our procedures.

I think that I may need to go into more detail on re-verification of product and rejections to suppliers, the spreadsheet where information for this is to be recorded is something we have been using for a while but is a constant work in progress while I am on with the procedures.

I would appreciate any feedback you could provide. I have been hovering around the site for a while now and found all the information I have read very useful.

JaiJay

Attachments

• Control of Non Conforming Product.docx
    59 KB · Views: 1,030
Top Bottom