FMEA Methodology Used for Process Audit Preparation - Seeking Example

Q

qualityboi

Does anyone have an example of using an FMEA type form or methodology for audit preparation? I was thinking that planning audits and shaping the audit checklist according to the greatest risks to a system and process based on past audit and system/process performance (severity, occurrence and detection). This may add more value than just going down a standardized ISO checklist. :bonk:
Examples, thoughts and comments appreciated.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Re: FMEA Methodolgy Used for Process Audit Preparation - Seeking Example

Good topic. I don't have one but would like to see one.

B

Bill Ryan - 2007

This sounds interesting and I hope it takes off. I, for one, am going to have to sleep on it - but "I'll be back".

As I remember, we had another Cover address another topic for, what seemed like, a unique FMEA excersize. I don't remember the outcome (if there was one) nor who started it. I think I'll look that up later, but I gotta get the boy to his football conditioning camp now (I don't remember having those when I was 11-12).

C

cheahga

qualityboi said:
Does anyone have an example of using an FMEA type form or methodology for audit preparation? I was thinking that planning audits and shaping the audit checklist according to the greatest risks to a system and process based on past audit and system/process performance (severity, occurrence and detection). This may add more value than just going down a standardized ISO checklist. :bonk:
Examples, thoughts and comments appreciated.

Hi Qualityboi,

The thread you have started sounded very interesting........how would you use the methodology of FMEA in audit as most of the time it was for processes....

What I can think of would be....last audit potential failure....communication breakdown from auditor to auditee......how would it be detected? Who or what detect this....????:bonk:

Anyway, it's something out of the box....:cool:

Q

qualityboi

Actually I would use it to assess the greatest risks in the quality system based on internal audits. Use it to assist in the why you have stated a process fmea for the audit process.
The way a communication breakdown would be detected, (I am probably over simplifying) would be that there is no response or the response plan is rejected by the auditor or some type of negative feedback by the auditee per the communication processes in place. I just like the idea of using the FMEA tool for risk analysis and then using risk analysis for internal assessment planning.
I was thinking of the phrase the larger the risk the larger the reward. But what about the anti-spin, the larger risk the larger the penalty! :D So in a sense I want to use the quality system to mitigate or eliminate risk...:cfingers: Does this sound crazy?

:topic: After being through Kepner Trego training I would have to challenge their "copy right". I didn't see it anything more than an FMEA with fancy dressing.

C

cheahga

qualityboi said:
Actually I would use it to assess the greatest risks in the quality system based on internal audits. Use it to assist in the why you have stated a process fmea for the audit process.
The way a communication breakdown would be detected, (I am probably over simplifying) would be that there is no response or the response plan is rejected by the auditor or some type of negative feedback by the auditee per the communication processes in place. I just like the idea of using the FMEA tool for risk analysis and then using risk analysis for internal assessment planning.
I was thinking of the phrase the larger the risk the larger the reward. But what about the anti-spin, the larger risk the larger the penalty! :D So in a sense I want to use the quality system to mitigate or eliminate risk...:cfingers: Does this sound crazy?

:topic: After being through Kepner Trego training I would have to challenge their "copy right". I didn't see it anything more than an FMEA with fancy dressing.

HI Qualityboi,

Thanks for your response. IMHO, I think your idea is great.....

Sometime back when TS was launch, the fist few slide of IATF presentation pick up from Plexus website, also mentioned about risk mitigation factors on using process approach....

:applause:

Top Bottom