Is anyone using Adobe photoshop 7?

W

WALLACE

Are any of the Covers using Adobe Photoshop?
I'm trying to get a handle on this program and, to be honest, it's driving me #@$%^ crazy.
Does any kind soul have a free web resource they can pass me on to regarding some kind of training. I'm using version 7.
Oh, and I'm also looking for an image resizing program, I need to keep good resolution when resizing, most of the third party programs that, I have looked at are inferior when it comes to this issue..
Wallace.

J

jaimezepeda

WALLACE said:
Oh, and I'm also looking for an image resizing program, I need to keep good resolution when resizing, most of the third party programs that, I have looked at are inferior when it comes to this issue..
Wallace.
Wallace,

If you are just looking for a tool that resizes images give IrfanView a try. It is free and handles a large number of image file formats. It is not an image editor but it does resize and convert images.

IrfanView

Jaime

W

WALLACE

Jaime,
Thanks for the info.
I have been using Irfanview since it first appeared on the scene, It's great yet, I don't have much success regarding keeping the aspect ratio intact when resizing.
I generally resize from an A4 sized page to @22 x 34 Inches sized presentations.
Any other suggestions?
Wallace

S

Sue

Not exactly free but definitely reasonable!

There are some great "classes" offered by LVS Online https://www.lvsonline.com/schedule.shtml and PhotoShop is one of them. There are varying price ranges, but $25 is the highest! :D

I have taken a number of their online courses and found them helpful.

Sue

K

Ken K

Do a search for XNView. It's a free program and I use it to resize / crop all my digital photo's.

J

JerryStem

Try searching Adobe's site first. They have quite a few resources, including tutorials, actions (if you're unfamiliar with actions, they are basically "macro's" that play out like a script of things to do to an image, like open - rotate left - resize - brighten 10% - save - close), and plenty of other information.

A quick google search will show some good possibilities, I have plenty bookmarked at home. PlanetPhotoshop.Com is one I think.... Get a few & try the links from each.

As for other programs, I also use PaintShopPro (since version 3 or 4, now at version 9). Very easy to learn, but also has added many PhotoShop-like features lately. You can use them when you're ready....

A very old program called LViewPro is good. I have a version from ~95 that was one .exe file and was maybe 200k, but very flexible!

Good luck,
Jerry

W

WALLACE

Ken K said:
Do a search for XNView. It's a free program and I use it to resize / crop all my digital photo's.

Thanks Ken K,
The XNView program is rather good, a challenge to Irfanview indeed.
Wallace.

Top Bottom