Is there a requirement for Internal Audit Schedule to be Approved?

AndyN

Moved On
Show me in ISO 19011:2002 where there is a requirement for a schedule.

All you'll find is references to schedules as a "should" and not a "shall" in Section 5.

The need for audit schedules will be detailed in the "Specification" or "Requirements" standards for the various management systems.

Therefore the answer coould be yes or it could be no.

Please note the extra 'o' in coould - Arkansas emphasis placed there........:lmao:

Helmut Jilling

Auditor / Consultant
If you are the audit 'manager' (to me a 'Lead' means that you are the audit team leader, not the audit process owner - for clarification), then you've approved the plan, right? Do you feel compelled to sign off on it? What are you being asked to do, and why?

Absolutely. You have approved it, right? Does a signature "prove" that you approved it? As an auditor, I would assume that if you did not approve of the information on that schedule, then you would not have shown it to me.

That only leaves the question of whether YOU are authorized to approve it. If not, then the person(s) who are must approve it. Then, signatures might make it easier to demonstrate they have approved it. Emails work also.

The question is fair, and you certainly can sign these types of documents, but please don't overdo it.

Top Bottom