ISO 9001:2008 - How does an organization demonstrate "sustain success"?

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Sustaining success usually means continue making a profit. Otherwise nothing else will be sustained except maybe the building.
While financial profit is a very important part of business success, it is not the only aspect. Look for example, at Arthur Andersen. A multi-billion dollar organization, with decades of very profitable operation. A high profile ethical issue brought the whole organization down. In a very short time.
Just to show that, indeed, an organization should manage all of it's risks, not only financial exposure.

V

vijaysonawane

ISO (QMS) not only say about financial profit, what I understand long lasting achievement of organizational objectivies, but Q. is how organization demo? How it is measured? How it is different with continual improvement? Or it is same ? Why it is come in ISO 2004:2009? In time dimension involved ?

Last edited by a moderator:
R

ralphsulser

Yes, in my opinion violations of ethics and corruptness will lead to loss of profit and financial demise. It will finally catch up with them. But, I do not know of any company that is in business to lose money. Good companies do everything that is required ethically and regulatory, to satisfy customer requirements in order to continue to make a profit. Unfortunately many good companies are now facing huge economic losses of business and profit which is beyond their control, and will not sustain success in continued operations, even though they sustained success in compliance of all the requirements.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JaneB

While financial profit is a very important part of business success, it is not the only aspect. Look for example, at Arthur Andersen. A multi-billion dollar organization, with decades of very profitable operation. A high profile ethical issue brought the whole organization down. In a very short time.
Just to show that, indeed, an organization should manage all of it's risks, not only financial exposure.

Indeed, yes.

Top Bottom