ISO 9001:2015 case study sample

MDGMG

Posts Moderated
Hello,
Request to help me for identification of nonconformity or conformance with ISO 9001:2015 applicable clause:

Audit situation one:
In the final inspection and despatch area you are examining the inspection and despatch records for order number 1234. This relates to product XYZ that is due to be sent out to a customer.
You note that in the final inspection section of the records the word ‘OK’ is written with the initials JW alongside it. The Despatch Supervisor tells you that JW is one of the junior inspectors.
You ask the supervisor: ‘Who has authorised the release of the product?’ The supervisor replies that authorisation is not necessary for this type of routine product and it is clear from the records that the inspection was satisfactory. He says: ‘If there has been any problem we get a signature from David Manvers, the Chief Inspector, but only if they had to do some rework to the product.’
You check the organisation’s documented information for the product release process and find it states that the Chief Inspector is responsible for authorising final release of all products.

Thank you,

Rob Donohue

Registered
Hello,
Request to help me for identification of nonconformity or conformance with ISO 9001:2015 applicable clause:

Audit situation one:
In the final inspection and despatch area you are examining the inspection and despatch records for order number 1234. This relates to product XYZ that is due to be sent out to a customer.
You note that in the final inspection section of the records the word ‘OK’ is written with the initials JW alongside it. The Despatch Supervisor tells you that JW is one of the junior inspectors.
You ask the supervisor: ‘Who has authorised the release of the product?’ The supervisor replies that authorisation is not necessary for this type of routine product and it is clear from the records that the inspection was satisfactory. He says: ‘If there has been any problem we get a signature from David Manvers, the Chief Inspector, but only if they had to do some rework to the product.’
You check the organisation’s documented information for the product release process and find it states that the Chief Inspector is responsible for authorising final release of all products.

Thank you,
Hi there,

Did you ever come to an answer for this scenario, i have a similar one myself

Thee Bouyyy

Multiple Personalities

The release of products and services to the customer shall not proceed until the planned arrangements have been satisfactory completed, unless otherwise approved by a relevant authority and as applicable by the customer. 8.6 of ISO 9001:2015. In this case, Chief inspector is responsible to release the final product. JW can not be release the final product as per organization's documented information.

@Rob Donohue

Thee Bouyyy

Multiple Personalities
@Rob Donohue I am getting confused now. I just realized that you posted the same question in three different thread. Which ISO you are referring to? I thought you are referring to ISO 9001:2015. Please post in one thread only. This is a very good platform. You will definatly get the response. You just have to be calm and have some patience.

I was getting confused by following threads where you have posted the same.

ISO13485
ISO13485 - 2016
ISO 9001:2015

blackholequasar

The Cheerful Diabetic
@MDGMG - Your posts/questions appear to be questions from a study guide, sample test or other copyrighted source. Is this correct?

Yeah, I've seen this verbatim on other websites. It struck me as odd and when I did a quick google, it popped up several times in study guides. (Not sure if this is a bot or someone who is trying to get help with their study guide?)

Top Bottom