ISO/CD 9001 2007-02-8 - What are your thoughts?

J

James Gutherson

It feels like forever since I have posted in the cove - but I am trying now to find a bit more time to contribute -.

Anyway I wanted to add my take on the change in the MR terminology - I think the idea there was to ensure that there was some one that had the Authority to make the changes/etc. Responsibility is one thing, Authority is another.

In my point of view having an external person to adminster the system is OK (not ideal but OK) but you would then need to ensure that there was someone that had the authority to take action/make changes/buy resources etc. I think that this was not happening in a lot of cases where there was an external MR.

Ooo - I need to change my profile photo - let's see waht I have on this computer - One with me and 1st born son I think

OK it's good to be back and reading post from the old crew again.

PS My thoughts on the minimal changes are as follows - It was always said that this review of 9001 was going to be mostly about clarification and intergration with 14001 so I didn't really expect much more. As for the 'upgrade' costs, we are yet to see the policy for recertification. We could well see a three year transition period which would catch every one with at least one recertification audit and in effect be no extra cost.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JaneB

My thoughts on the minimal changes are as follows - It was always said that this review of 9001 was going to be mostly about clarification and intergration with 14001 so I didn't really expect much more.

No, me neither. Interesting to see where & what kinds of minor tweaks have been made in the latest CD.

But 9004... Now, there's a radical and very positive IMO transformation.

Top Bottom