Lack of Management Commitment? Surveillance audit is next month

N

noboost4you

Our surveillance audit is next month. Both our CEO and President will not be around for the audit due to trade shows across the country. However, our VP will be and he is also the Management Representative.

Will this be an issue? It's not like they aren't going to be here for the sake of missing an audit but rather promoting customer service/satisfaction by attending trade shows.

Thanks

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Re: Lack of Management Commitment?

Our surveillance audit is next month. Both our CEO and President will not be around for the audit due to trade shows across the country. However, our VP will be and he is also the Management Representative.

Will this be an issue? It's not like they aren't going to be here for the sake of missing an audit but rather promoting customer service/satisfaction by attending trade shows.

Thanks

No, there is no requirement for these folks to be there.
Will other managers be available?

Stijloor.

N

noboost4you

No, there is no requirement for these folks to be there.
Will other managers be available?

Stijloor.

Oh, of course. Other department managers/supervisors will be around, just not the two head honchos

AndyN

Moved On

Yeah, difficult choice to make, that one!

"Do I go to a trade show or stick around for the audit?":lmao:

Shouldn't be a problem

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

Oh, of course. Other department managers/supervisors will be around, just not the two head honchos

You'll be fine. You may want to keep the "Head Honchos" informed about what's going on during the surveillance audit. In this day and (technology) age, you may want to set up a teleconference at the closing meeting. Even if it's through a speaker phone. Don't leave 'm off the hook that easy...;)

Stijloor.

P

Peter West

On our recent 9001 assessment (re-certification) the auditor didnt even mention anyone higher than my immediate management. Chariman and deputy were not questioned and only a small amount of time was spent with our business unit managers. Mostly was just me and my super, with the external auditor. That said, don't rely on it. Sod's law will be the auditor will ask.

If you can show that Top management have been involved i.e. management review, endorsement of company policy etc. and explain they are away, however, all knowledgeable and accountable reps for each BU are available that should keep the auditor happy.

I can't imagine that by the end of the day the Top management will want to drag themselves from their business for a conference....(isn't it in the afternoon that these trade shows start opening the champers bottles etc ;) - not that i cast aspersions or assumptions as to what management get up to at these things :lol:)

Top Bottom