Manufacturing Process Audits (TS16949) - are Turtle diagrams really helpful?

P

Pradeep Ravipati

Hope this doen't sound stupid..:)...

I am about to start off our internal product/process audit and I trying to create a turtle diagram for each major process step in the process flow. I am doing it with a thought that it would help me during my audit process. Am I wasting too much time creating the turtle diagrams or does it actually help during my internal audits.

Appreciate your feedback.

Thanks.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Hope this doen't sound stupid.....

I am about to start off our internal product/process audit and I trying to create a turtle diagram for each major process step in the process flow. I am doing it with a thought that it would help me during my audit process. Am I wasting too much time creating the turtle diagrams or does it actually help during my internal audits.

Thanks.

Hello Pradeep,

Turtle diagrams are not required, but can be of help in preparing for an audit. Before an audit, the auditor has to develop an understanding of the process in terms of inputs, outputs and process controls. I found them to be helpful. If I were you, I would do a trial run first. Develop a diagram for a (critical) process, conduct the audit. Find out if it worked for you.

Search The Cove for discussions about Turtle Diagrams. Interesting!

Stijloor.

Last edited:

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Re: Product Audit Process Requirements - Clause 8.2.2.3

Thanks.

Hello Pradeep,

My answer is in this post.

Stijloor.

delorfra

Involved In Discussions
Re: Product Audit Process Requirements - Clause 8.2.2.3

My post has been moved to this thread by mistake, I've moved it back to the corrrect thread : "Product Audit Process Requirements - Clause 8.2.2.3 "

Last edited:

Helmut Jilling

Auditor / Consultant

Thanks.

I find them to be useful in doing system level audits. It helps auditors understand the process approach. However, for manufacturing process audits, I recommend using your control for that process. Audit each important item on the control plan, gages, controls, isnpsections, specs, whatever is listed. It will help you do a beneficial review.

Top Bottom