"Missing Label" Complaint

patilrahuld

Involved In Discussions
Hello All,

I am looking for some recommendations/Input/advise. I am looking to improve labeling process resulting out of missing label complaint - what happens is we get a work order; print labels using a PC and then affix label onto product. This is a wholly manual process and sometimes few products dont get labels and het shipped. Since we affix label manually and the volume of order is high, 100% inspection of each product is not possible.

Any suggestions or if someone encountered same issue and how they reconciled?

Thank you in advance.
RDP

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
Please confirm that this is a label on the product itself, not on the packaging.

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
The only approach that ever worked for me was barcoding. We had a chronic issue with missing/incorrect labels on automotive product. We started labeling at the workstation where they were packed 20 totes per pallet. Then the shipping department had to scan all 20 totes in order to ship. This totally eliminated the problem.

IVDRegs01

Registered
have you considered consolidation of number of units to be labelled vs number of labels printed, if there are any spare labels use that as a trigger for a 100% check? Therefore you won't have to do it everytime, just if there's evidence of a missed label

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
have you considered consolidation of number of units to be labelled vs number of labels printed, if there are any spare labels use that as a trigger for a 100% check? Therefore you won't have to do it everytime, just if there's evidence of a missed label
Good suggestion. I forgot to mention that when we started labeling at the workstation, we printed the exact number of labels for the work order on demand, never ahead of time. An extra label was obvious.

Top Bottom