Mock audit scenarios for students

C

cassiha

Hi everyone,

I am a postgrad student in a university and have been asked to deliver some lectures to second year science students on quality systems, GLP, GMP, audits etc.

I would like to carry out a workshop with the students where I can give them scenarios where they can carry out a mock audit. I have had no success searching for sample scenarios to give to the students.

Has anyone here done something similar with students before and would you mind sharing your information with me? Or does anyone know where I could find samples that I could use?

Thanks for your help :)

AndyN

Moved On
Hi everyone,

I am a postgrad student in a university and have been asked to deliver some lectures to second year science students on quality systems, GLP, GMP, audits etc.

I would like to carry out a workshop with the students where I can give them scenarios where they can carry out a mock audit. I have had no success searching for sample scenarios to give to the students.

Has anyone here done something similar with students before and would you mind sharing your information with me? Or does anyone know where I could find samples that I could use?

Hi - your question has been asked here, before. Try a search or look at the bottom of the page for similar topics.

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi everyone,

Try these links:
https://elsmar.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=24596

https://elsmar.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=39313

gpainter

Why not call a local manufacturer, hospital, lab, etc and do a real one. Great learning experience for the students and good for the auditee in many ways.

dsanabria

Why not call a local manufacturer, hospital, lab, etc and do a real one. Great learning experience for the students and good for the auditee in many ways.

Note: most manufactures, hospital, lab etc would not allow that many students interrupting their work environment and they do not want the liabilities that come with it.

Instead, talk to lead auditors that have taken the lead auditor course or to instructors that give the course. There are plenty of examples (good or bad) that we go through the course.

For a list of instructors go to www.exemplarglobal.org and look for instructors.

gpainter

Dsanabria may be right. My company and myself work with our local university. It may not hurt to try.

Kronos147

Trusted Information Resource
What if there is a review of the work instructions available at the location of a process to be audited. Then, an 'actor' does the process. Have the actor stray from the work instruction. Have them check a dimension with an out of control, unlogged device.

Then review the documentation for the calibration system, and then review the documentation system for doc control, and allow it to be discovered the work instruction at point of use is the wrong rev.

Basically, lay down a faux scenario with problem after problem, and see how many problems are caught.

Just a thought.

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Leader
Super Moderator
I was recently challenged to write a Nuclear QA course, without of course, having access to nuclear grade materials. I did come up with several scenarios related to automobiles, such as making the students write a formal procedure for how to change a tire (based upon the owners manual) with at least one hold point (they had a torque wrench available for tightening the lug nuts). You could certainly have a student audit this activity.

Also, in model railroading there are several standards (some of the National Model Railroad Association standards read like nuclear standards sometimes). If you know a hobbyist, or are willing to invest in some model railroad equipment, you could have them inspect to the NMRA standard (there is also a go - no go gage used).

https://www.nmra.org/standards

Top Bottom