Purchasing Procedure Example Needed

V

Vash Stampede

4.6 Purchasing

Hello,
Is there any website I can browse wherein I can possibly look regarding evaluation of supplier. We have current procedure on this, however as I've read other e-mail from the forum, I immediately discussed this problem to our superior and finally we found out that we are lacking especially on evaluation of suppliers which was discussed on item 4.6 of ISO elements.
Any feedback would be apreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Vash Stampede

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I don't know of any specific web sites to steer you to. Maybe one of the other folks know of one.

I will say supplier evaluation is not too difficult - less so in ISO than QS for what that's worth. If you look in Free Files directory you will find a supplier evaluation form or two to consider.

J

JodiB

Purchasing procedure example?

Our Purchasing Mgr. has been dragging his feet in getting together a purchasing procedure. He has already agreed ,and failed to meet ,two deadlines. I have offered assistance numerous times in getting the procedure(s) written : starting a draft for him, organizing and editing his initial draft, etc. He has turned me down each time and has said that he has various notes that he's made and it is simply a matter of him consolidating them into a procedure (another task that I have offered to do for him, with no result).

Now, one day before his next deadline, he asks me if I have a sample of a purchasing (or supplier approval) procedure that he could use as a guide in putting his procedure together. Fair question. In fact I thought I had already given him Trakman's procedure which I downloaded a few months ago.

I've used most of the morning searching this site and all over the internet to try to find one. No luck.

Does anyone have any purchasing or supplier approval procedures that they could share? :bigwave:

R

Russ

Procedure

Here's the ones we currently use.

Attachments

• purchasing.doc
    40 KB · Views: 2,041
A

Aaron Lupo

Try this.

Attachments

• pur-001 r-3 supplier qualification and evaluation.doc
    83.5 KB · Views: 2,204
A

Aaron Lupo

Or This. I have others let me know.

Attachments

• pur-003 r-2 purchase requisition completion.doc
    154 KB · Views: 1,087
J

JodiB

Thanks!

Russ, ISO Guy, and CarolX, thanks for the help! They look great. I gave them to the Purchasing Manager yesterday afternoon and had a small conversation with him. He won't meet today's deadline but I know this will go a long way towards getting something out of him someday !

S

stilish

Other purchasing docs

Aaron Lupo said:
Or This. I have others let me know.

Hi Aaron
I seem to be struggling to get through to you via private messages so Marc Smith suggest I try through the original thread. This is what I originally sent:

Hi Aaron

I am currently reviewing and revising our purchasing processes and have found your posts and documents very interesting and useful. Would you be prepared to share the following documents you refer to with me so I can see the kind of questions you ask:

Form PO-001 New Supplier Qualification Form
Form QA-016: Supplier Evaluation Report
Form QA-016.2 Supplier Phone survey- Distributors/OneTime Suppliers
Form QA-016.3 Supplier Survey- Companies without a formal Quality System

Many thanks in anticipation

A

Aaron Lupo

I would but I no longer work for that company so I do not have access to the procedures sorry.

S

stilish

Aaron Lupo said:
I would but I no longer work for that company so I do not have access to the procedures sorry.

Thanks for getting back to me Aaron. Pity you aren't still there as I found those docs that you posted pretty useful. Would you be able to assist me with one aspect of the process your old company had? Generally how did the phone survey differ from the written survey in terms of the questions asked? I have put together a survey document for more critical suppliers to fill out but I'm just trying to work out how to put together a more compact phone survey for the less critical but nevertheless important suppliers. I don't want to subject them to a lengthy survey but still want to get some assurance that they have procedures in place to ensure the consistent achievement of our quality requirements.

Top Bottom