SharePoint for Document Control - 'Workflows' using SharePoint 2010 Enterprise

P

paulbrowning

Hi
I have implemented early versions of Microsoft SharePoint for full QMS (9001, 13485) well. However the systems where a bit primitive and required some paper.

Looking to move all-electronic I am already stuck around 'workflows' using SharePoint 2010 Enterprise.

Is anyone else using this, and if so I would be grateful if they could share their set up or architecture with me.

Many thanks,
~ Paul

Randy

Super Moderator
Re: SharePoint for document control

Got about a dozen or so clients that use Sharepoint, works for them well. Ain't nothing but a thing

pkost

Trusted Information Resource
As Randy said, there is nothing wrong with using sharepoint for document control. with 13485 I assume you are in the medical device industry so you may need to be cautious with validation of the system. If you are in the US and have to comply wth FDA regulations you need to be very careful as this is something they look carefully at. Even if you are not in the US market but may consider it in the future you may want to be be careful - I'm not sure how they would view documents held on a non compliant system before you register with them.

Although there is nothing wrong with doing it yourself there are numerous companies that are able to help, I'm aware of one in your region that sets up sharepoint systems that are compliant with FDA requirements.

P

paulbrowning

Thank you.
I would be interested to learn about this company you recommend. I have also contacted one which adds its own shell over SharePoint - and seems very cost effective. Please 'personal message me' with the details.

With thanks,
~ Paul

Top Bottom