Should Forms printed for daily use in the shop floor be controlled documents?

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Leader
Super Moderator
Just to be different...

Not necessarily.

If the form will become a quality record - yes. Absolutely should be controlled.
If the form is not going to become a quality record - that's a judgement call.

Personally I only control forms that are quality records.

An example of a form I do not control: We have a form that is essentially used as tally sheets for production. At the end of the shift it gets thrown in the recycle bin after the production control clerk plugs the data into excel.

Another example: We make the opertors write down certain speeds and feeds of the machines at the beginning of the shift so the production supervisors can see what has changed from shift to shift without digging through the machine settings. At the end of a run, this sheet gets thrown out because it's no longer useful.

:2cents:

Caster

An Early Cover
Trusted Information Resource
Re: Should Forms controlled document

Why red? To verify it is not an uncontrolled copy. Got color copiers? Not a big problem, you can till tell an original.

Our new color copier rocks, I had what I thought was an original, only noticed when I saw that part of a blue ink handwritten note was cut off by the edge of the glass when the copy was made. It was a color original with a multicolor logo, yellow hi liter marks, blue pen marks, fingerprint smudges, and it fooled me completely.

If I wasn't afraid it would call the feds on me, I'd try to copy a banknote just to see. Actually not joking about that, color copiers have banknote copy detection built in. Don't even think about it.

S

Sorin

Re: Should Forms controlled document

Had the same prob ...and the copier was on the floor...now they put codes ...no code = no color, only BW

R

rjoyce143

Actually that is one of my question supposedly. What if we are using watermark for controlled form , does it mean that we have to print out forms with watermark to satisfy the requirement of controlling it.
But you said it well :))

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
This is an old thread, but can anyone comment on the post above this one?

(Marc is "crusin' some of the old threads" tonight... )

bobdoering

Stop X-bar/R Madness!!
Trusted Information Resource
Watermarks were a handy approach back before color copiers became affordable. They may now tell you the document IS a controlled document, but may not be as effective in assuring it is controlled. Same for controlled stamps, etc. Very QS9000. Best - although not foolproof - control is to print directly from a secure database.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Actually that is one of my question supposedly. What if we are using watermark for controlled form , does it mean that we have to print out forms with watermark to satisfy the requirement of controlling it.
But you said it well :))

My preferred approach has always been to avoid controlling forms at all. Specify/control the information that must be provided via a controlled document and the form, so long as it contains the required information, doesn't need to be controlled.

Top Bottom