Simplified Attribute MSA Gauge (Gage) R&R for Plug Gages

D

Dawn

If we use alot of plug gages and they are noted on our control plans, what type of MSA do you recomend we need to be in compliance with QS?
Thanks, Dawn

D

Don Winton

Dawn,

I cannot suggest a compliance mechanism, but you can classify plug gages using attribute R&R.

Regards,
Don

[This message has been edited by Don Winton (edited 02-07-99).]

D

Dawn

Attribute R & R by what method? Can you explain how I would do this?

D

Don Winton

I can send by e-mail a Word 6.0 Document that explains R&R for attribute data. Can you read this type of file?

Regards,
Don

D

Don Winton

On its way. BTW, this is a first draft. If any errors are detected, do let me know, please.

Regards,
Don

D

Dawn

I can read from a word file. If Marc posts it that would be great!!!
Thanks, guys!

L

Lisa Maiocco

Attribute Gage R&R : with 1-5 ranking???

Question 1: Can anyone recommend a formal way of measuring gage capability on a pass / fail measurement? We have something in-house but I'm not sure what is standardly acceptable. (Our in-house method does not calculate a "gage error", etc) . Question 2: Can anyone recommend a method for an attribute GR&R when the test output is a 1-5 integer ranking based on standards we have set up? Thank you for any suggestions or leads you can provide!

B

Batman

Question 1:
A very good attribute GR&R can be found at Don Winton's website. Perhaps you may find it also in the PDF zone here at the forum. Look for an Excel spreadsheet, it contains most of the directions.

Question 2:
Typically an attribute R&R is simply a pass / fail. If I understand the question, you are creating variables data (albeit not very discriminating) when you classify parts in more than a pass / fail test, therefore a variable R&R should be performed.

G

Garry

Simplified Attribute Gauge R&R

Is there anyone out there who can lead me to an answer.
I have simplified the situation in my question.

We reference in our Control Plans to various kinds of Go/No-go Gauges use to inspect significant characteristics. At the end, we have about 5 different types of gauges at our place.

One kind of gauges are the Plug Gauges. I might have one that is for a 10 +/-0.1mm specification and another one that is for a 15 +/-0.1mm specification and 5 others between 1 and 10mm.

Questions:
1) Can Gauge R&R be done for families of gauges (in this instance just for one Plug gauge instead of 7) irrespective of the specification or do we have to do this for each specification?

2) If the same Gauge is being used at 5 totally different parts, can I just refer back to one performed study (criteria specific) instead of doing it 5 times (Part specific)

3) Where would I find those answers in the MSA manual?

Top Bottom