Software to help meet ISO & AS9100 Design & Development Rqmts

P

PhraminP

We are a small Contract Electronics Manufacturer with, currently, one design Engineer and a new product of our own. We have always struggled to meet the ISO 9001 Design and Development records requirements. Specifically, keeping records organized documenting review at each project stage, validation, verification and customer or internal approvals.

Can anyone recommend a software solution that can help manage Engineering projects and cater to ISO requirements.

Thanks,
Jim:rolleyes:

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Trusted Information Resource
We are a small Contract Electronics Manufacturer with, currently, one design Engineer and a new product of our own. We have always struggled to meet the ISO 9001 Design and Development records requirements. Specifically, keeping records organized documenting review at each project stage, validation, verification and customer or internal approvals.

Can anyone recommend a software solution that can help manage Engineering projects and cater to ISO requirements.

Thanks,
Jim:rolleyes:

I don't know if there is a software that is specifically for Design/Development only.

What you may want to do, is use the "Post Attachments List" the green bar in the upper left corner. There might be some forms or records that you could use for examples.

bobdoering

Stop X-bar/R Madness!!
Trusted Information Resource

I have been a big fan of the omnibus business/quality system databases - such as MQ1. What is nice is you can set up checklists, due dates and responsibilities with reminders, links from the check list to the associated documents. You don't have to worry about rooting around a half dozen spreadsheets, databases and binders - it is true one stop shopping. Easy access for those that need the info - even if you are not there. I miss having a system like that where I work now....oh, so much....especially around audits.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom