Spin welding - Is it a special process?

R

rak

In the company that I work, we use the spin welding process to join plastic parts. Can someone tell me whether spin welding should be considered as a special process?

N

noboxwine

i hate to assume but i think i have asked myself this same question in a previous life------assuming you verify the integrity of the weld by a sampling plan but yet destructive testing, then i would say that yes it is a special process and should be subject to iso 9001:2000 7.5.2----hope i haven't embarrassed myself and helped as well------have a great week

N

noboxwine

i hate to assume but i think i have asked myself this same question in a previous life------assuming you verify the integrity of the weld by a sampling plan but yet destructive testing, then i would say that yes it is a special process and should be subject to iso 9001:2000 7.5.2----hope i haven't embarrassed myself and helped as well------have a great week

gpainter

Quite Involved in Discussions
Is spin welding a special process, most likely "Yes". Is it subject to ISO, Not if you do destructive testing. We call this out in our SP and have had no problem with it.

Top Bottom