What are the most valuable parts of ISO 9001:2015?

Pancho

wikineer
Super Moderator
My question is this. What do you feel are the most valuable parts of ISO 9001:2015?

The most valuable part of the standard, imo and by far, is Section 10: Improvement.

If you get only one thing right when first implementing your system, let it be this. Everything else will evolve to greatness.

Y

Yukon

I've been auditing ISO 9001 standards since 1989. The 2015 version, in my opinion, is a step backwards. There is no mandatory documentation required, no quality manual, calibration traceability to national standards is no longer mandatory, virtually any clause can be identified as Not Applicable, no management rep is required, and top management is not clearly defined.

I was and remain extremely disappointed with the 2015 version. It took us 25 years to get to the 2008 version and it's all for nothing.

Brizilla

Quite Involved in Discussions
No quality manual is NOT a step backwards. It's just another write and forget document that doesn't need to be maintained.

Big Jim

Admin
The essence of a quality management system is to "Ship No Junk". To accomplish that, ALL elements of the standard are required and none of them can be discounted. I will, however, reserve comment about how climate change could ever be pertinent to a quality management system.

ChrisM

Quite Involved in Discussions
Further to Yukon's post, I share this disappointment. I can also remember when the old BS5750 was introduced, one of the main aims was to distinguish the really good organisations from the rest by means of their BS5750 "approval" - which later became ISO9001. If that's the case, then why do so many organisations meet these requirements (and yet some offer truly dreadful customer experiences) ??

Top Bottom