Would an IRCA LEAD AUDITOR qualification enhance my CV?

A

anbar

HI,

Iam now in job search,working in geophone manufacturing unit.i have earned good experience as iso 9001 internal auditor.to make my job search easy, doing lead auditor (qms) would be beneficial? for me situationally there is no way to work as lead auditor or MR .moment i need to show only in my cv.

please advise.

thanks,
anbarasan

AndyN

Moved On
Re: Would an IRCA LEAD AUDITOR qualification enhanced my CV?

In over 25 years of being in the Quality Management industry, the only employer I had who was interested in me being at a Lead Auditor course, was a CB - because I was employed as a CB auditor! No-one else has ever asked me about it.

If you have to pay - or unless you need it for your job (as a supplier QAE for example) in which case the employer should pay - I wouldn't think it would enhance your cv much. Many have no clue what attending a LA course means, IMHO.

M

mguilbert

At my company we have dedicated Internal Auditors. We have all our QA Coordinators and ISO Auditors as well as some management take the lead auditor course. It helps with implementation, discussing findings, and sometimes we have been able to have an external auditor remove the finding prior to the report being submitted. This saves a lot of grief in having to appeal the finding. Maybe we are one of those companies that do not understand what attending a lead auditor class means. That being said. Remember that to be certified you need to perform a set number of hours of Lead auditing and continueing education on a regular basis in order to be and maintain Lead Auditor Certification.

Big Jim

Admin

Although it is true that many employers do not recognize the benefit of such advanced training, some do.

When I went through my initial lead auditor course, there were many more in the class from registered companies than there were from certification bodies. I occasionally come across those that have lead auditor training, and most of the time the company recognizes the benefit and they have a better system because of it.

So I would say that it can't hurt, and it might help. Might help is the truly defining term here.

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin
HI,

Iam now in job search,working in geophone manufacturing unit.i have earned good experience as iso 9001 internal auditor.to make my job search easy, doing lead auditor (qms) would be beneficial? for me situationally there is no way to work as lead auditor or MR .moment i need to show only in my cv.

please advise.

thanks,
anbarasan

Your CV gains high worth due to your skills, actions and accomplishments ... gone are the days when degrees and certificates mattered but in this competitive world, your accomplishments speak louder.

When you say, you have gained good experience in internal auditing, do mention what you changed in the organization and how the organization benefitted both in terms of compliance and $$$ :)

All the very best, anbarasan :agree:

AndyN

Moved On
Agreed with Ajit! An internal auditor I know found savings in excess of US$1M, and several management issues which were leading to that. If they listed their resume/cv with that information, I guarantee some discussions would take place! And it wouldn't be "how was your time at university...?"

J0anne

Joanne

I agree with Jim to an extent as I've come across many manufacturers who either request a Lead Auditor qualification or appreciate it if you have one.

Top Bottom