Zero Acceptance Sampling Plans 5th edition by Squeglia - Question

R

Rand T

I am working on establishing a sampling plan based upon the c=0 Zero Acceptance Number Sampling Plans by Squeglia.

I had a copy of the tables from the 4th edition and was considering using them as the basis for our own internal sample size plan. These correspond with what we had been doing for the most part, so I was just trying to document the justification on how our plan was developed.

However, I just ordered the latest edition of the book (5th Edition) and the table has different values in just a couple locations.

I am looking at using the AQL level of 1.0 and Lot sizes of 91-150. The 4th edition lists a Sample size of 13 pcs. while the 5th edition has changed that to 19 pcs. There is no information anywhere in the book that states why that was changed.

Our lot sizes are usually around 125 or less, and all our current forms use 13 pcs, so I was hoping that we could continue doing what we have been doing.

Does anyone know why it was changed?

Last edited by a moderator:

Statistical Steven

Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator
Re: Question about Zero Acceptance Sampling Plans 5th edition by Squeglia

I am not familiar with the tables in the book, but based on the binomial distribution, for a sample size of 13, the AQL is 0.39% with a LQ of 16.2%. A sample size of 19 would reduce it to AQL of 0.27% and LQ ofd 11.4%. A sample size of 6 would give an AQL of 1% with LQ of 36.8%. I will see if I can find the book so I can review the tables.

Top Bottom