AS9100 - Which standard to purchase?

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
Hi to all experts.
I would like to have an info.
I would like to purchase a copy of AS9100 standard.
Which kind of those reported in the link in attachment is related for QMS requirements?

https://www.sae.org/search/?sector=AEROC&qt=as9100&x=0&y=0

AS9100C or AS9100B? We as an organization would like to pursue first steps to certify our QMS, already certified ISO 9001 and ISO TS.

Are there any gap assessment check list too? Are there any ppt file to know what are the most critical points
to cover in addition to ISO ISO901 and ISO TS?
The organization is a foundry ( no product design) which manufactures electronic device as sensors, power devices, smart chip etc.

thanks for your help.

PS: whataver advice to help in this sense is welcome.

Last edited:

JLyt207

Involved In Discussions
The "C" and the "B" are the rev levels. You want the latest. As for other sources and info, the best thing is to type those questions into the Elsmar search. You will have tons of results.

A

AndreaG

AS9100C is the current revision of the standard. However, be forewarned that the specification is currently in the process of being revised with an estimated release of late 2016/early 2017. Once the new standard is released you will want to certify to that standard and not AS9100C.

qusys

AS9100C is the current revision of the standard. However, be forewarned that the specification is currently in the process of being revised with an estimated release of late 2016/early 2017. Once the new standard is released you will want to certify to that standard and not AS9100C.

Thanks to all.
I have another question.
In this forum I have found in attachment post some files that are good check list for a gap assessment in the organization.
They are related to AS9100B.

Are they still ok or are there some modification vs AS9100C?
Do you have a similar checklist vs AS9100C?

thanks again:bigwave:

Michael_M

AS9100 rev C is ISO9001:2008 with added requirements in bold. If you are ISO9001:2008 then you should be about 1/2 there to begin with. AS9100 added to ISO9001:2008.

For example, ISO 5.5.2 has:

c) ensuring the promotion of awareness of customer requirements throughout the organization, and
d) the organizational freedom and unrestricted access to top management to resolve quality management issues.

Item 'd' is bold and is added to the already existing requirements of a - c in ISO9001:2008.

Gap to rev. B will not help (much). The standard changed and I think most of the Rev. B gap checklists are for going from Rev. B to Rev. C. (I could be wrong but I think this is what I discovered when I did the search 2 years ago).

Last edited:

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
Thanks to all.
I have another question.
In this forum I have found in attachment post some files that are good check list for a gap assessment in the organization.
They are related to AS9100B.

Are they still ok or are there some modification vs AS9100C?
Do you have a similar checklist vs AS9100C?

thanks again:bigwave:

If you are looking to do a Gap analysis on AS9100C - try using the AS9101D checklist OER. Note: AS9101E does not have the checklist OER.

K

kunal_nigam

AS9100 rev C is the latest one that organizations are going with for certifying their QMS. There is a reference deployment document availble at IAQG." 9100 Auditor Guidance Material" What to look for & what to ask for.

This might help you.

Top Bottom