Cincinnati, Ohio Quickie Snow Blizzard - 8 March 2008

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
20080308_IMG_1175_550.jpg

20080308_IMG_1174_550.jpg

I know for many locations 8 to 12 inches of snow isn't a lot, but for Cincinnati it's a lot.

J

Jimmy the Brit

Re: Cincinnati, Ohio Snow Blizzard - 8 March 2008

That would be the end of life as we know it for at least a month in the UK, 2 cm is enough to bring the country to its knees for a whole day!

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

Marc,

Come live in North Carolina. Many Ohioans already made the move....:D

Stijloor.

S

somerqc

I guess I will have to post a picture of the 6ft snowbanks on either side of my driveway. We are now waiting for the 2nd wave of a snowstorm that is expected to drop a minimum of 12 inches (as high as 18 inches expected).

We also had 5 inches on Tuesday. (yes we could have 2ft of snow in one week)

IF this snowfall reaches the expected minimum we will break a 70 YEAR RECORD for snowfall in Toronto. When Canadian cities start to set records you know there has been a tough winter!

Going to go shovel the 1st wave now (4 inches).

John

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin

Marc,

Come live in North Carolina. Many Ohioans already made the move....:D

Stijloor.

I was born in NC and lived there until I was about eight years old, and recall schools being closed after a 2-3" snowfall. This winter in southeast Wisconsin has been the worst in many years--in excess of 70" of snow so far, more days where the temperature didn't rise above freezing than I can ever remember. The biggest snowfall (so far :mg:) was 14 inches:

12008008ya2.jpg

BradM

Leader
Admin

That would be the end of life as we know it for at least a month in the UK, 2 cm is enough to bring the country to its knees for a whole day!
:lmao::lmao:

Uh... Jimmy, that sounds like Texas too!

I've lived here all my life, but go figure- Wednesday I was out at lunch playing outdoor volleyball, Thursday they called work off early due to heavy snowing, and yesterday (Friday) it was cooler that Wed. (no V-ball) but nice sunshine and no clouds.

Don't know if you guys have seen the video of the guy on his balcony taping cars on the icy road. By the angle, it's hard to tell how steep the road is, but it must have some angle to it. There are three-four cars that just.... well.... it just becomes a demolition alley:D.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

Marc,

In NC, schools (and many businesses) close with even a chance of snow. Before that, there's a traditional run to the stores for milk and bread.. I have yet to figure this out...

Stijloor.

B

Bill Pflanz

We are up to 14 inches of snow and still counting in Westerville, Ohio (northeast Columbus). The winds are picking up and causing drifts that are much higher. If the snow keeps coming this could be as bad as what I experienced in the 1978 blizzard. I thought that was going to be my once in a lifetime blizzard but this could be another one to talk about with the grandchildren.

Bill Pflanz

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin

We are up to 14 inches of snow and still counting in Westerville, Ohio (northeast Columbus). The winds are picking up and causing drifts that are much higher. If the snow keeps coming this could be as bad as what I experienced in the 1978 blizzard. I thought that was going to be my once in a lifetime blizzard but this could be another one to talk about with the grandchildren.

Bill Pflanz

Ah, the winter of '78/'79. Here's a picture taken outside my house in Chicago in January of 1979:

1979snow003zt2.jpg

S

somerqc

I had to look outside after seeing your picture. We are still under blizzard conditions here in Toronto. They are forecasting that the "core" of the snowfall will occur between now and midnight (it is 8pm now).

We have had so much snow that I can't even send my dog to the backyard (too deep!). So I get to walk him outside. The drift in my driveway will not allow me to drive the cars out!

Oh well - I am in Canada.:biglaugh:

John

Top Bottom