company is not a guide 25 registered

S

SniperMan

We are a painting facility located in southwestern Ontario, my question is I have contracted a company which doesnt have a guide 25 certification. QS requires? for outside source calibration to be a guide 25 registered , I have out pressure and temperature gauges calibrated by this company, will that mean we did not satisy the QS requirement for calibration.

Opinions please

Jerry Eldred

Forum Moderator
Super Moderator
:p

The options are (as I currently understand), use either the OEM, a Guide 25 (or ISO 17025) accredited third party lab, or they have been audited by a 2PCP auditor. I'm not an expert, but that's what we have had to do at my company.

It's kind of a race trying to keep up with the changes. If your site is QS9000 registered, then you'll need to follow the criteria. If you're not QS9000 registered, and you're a secondary contractor, you'll want to do some homework to determine to what extent you have to comply.

K

Ken K

During one of our QS9000 audits, the auditor requested a list of all outside firms we use for calibration. We had to replace two of them because they were not ISO/17025 or A2LA accredited.
But, if either firm was in the process of getting accredited, they were required to submit to us in writing those plans and a target date they were to acheive accrediation.
That was over a year ago and if I am correct, all calibration firms must now be accredited.

Top Bottom